Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos editor 2.1 - cannot connect
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_tky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Kronos editor 2.1 - cannot connect Reply with quote

I have not used Kronos Editor for a while, it worked before long time ago, but with that was with different mac os. Now I keep getting "Kronos v2 global is not defined" with cancel/initialize/get options. Get does not work.. waitign to receive sysx data for a while, then it goes back to applications screen but does not seem to receive anything. Then selecting anything gives me same message " .... global is not defined" cancel/initialize/get, and so on.

The driver seems to be setup ok. MIDI In port: KRONOS KEYBOARD, MIDI OUT port: KRONOS SOUND, sysex channel 1, midi channel 1.
Kronos has Exclusive enabled

Cable is fine. I just upgraded Kronos firmware (I guess that means driver is working fine too)

I am a bit stuck, not sure what else I need to be checking ..
jduesenb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help, but I'm not having problems connecting. I just updated to Kronos OS 3.0.2, and I have Kronos editor 2.1, which AFAIK is the most recent update to the editor. And, Mac OSX 10.9.5.

I haven't tried the Editor extensively with 3.0.2, but it does seem to be communicating with the Kronos.

I do hope whoever owns the Kronos Editor (SoundQuest?) will update it to be compatible with the new features coming next year.
rob_tky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jduesenb for confirming. My setup is the same and I'm still puzzled.
Thought it might be cable, even though it worked before. Will try another one later today, but anyway it's probably something else.
Don't have the software in front of me, but in preferences, in midi section, if I choose Auto Sense (or sth like that) it recognizes Kronos and selects correct ports quickly.

I tried also on my windows laptop, same behavior and no luck
spec24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is no one else having issues with the Kronos VST? My stand-alone version works fine, but the VST refuses to load the data from the Kronos. It appears to load all the Bank data but then hangs a bit on the Global and either gives me an error, or craps out at which point selecting Prog, or Combi, or whatever returns me to the screen to Cancel, Get, or Initialize. It's interesting that the VST, though installed from the version 2.1 of the stand-alone, refers to itself as V2, not 2.1.

I stand corrected. After testing things a bit I synced the stand-alone version and it now produces the same error that the VST does. I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The editor needs an update to work with the newest OS. I have been waiting for Korg to release the update
bobmusic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec24 wrote:
After testing things a bit I synced the stand-alone version and it now produces the same error that the VST does. I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

I guess reinstalling will not help. The error occurs because of the new extended parameters in global mode introduced with OS 3.0.2
We need an editor V3
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
spec24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unbelievable! Korg has rendered the VST useless? Guess I'll attempt to roll back the OS.
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand the update to the editor is ready but for some reason Korg has not released it yet
spec24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Kronos 2 users are getting a new keyboard with a broken editor? What kind of business plan is this?

I hope you're right, ahutnick.

Rolling back the OS fixed my problem. Guess I'll wait til Korg gets their act together to update.
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For more info go to the Soundquest forum and check out the Midiquest Pro 11 section that has postings about the Kronos editor.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec24 wrote:
So Kronos 2 users are getting a new keyboard with a broken editor? What kind of business plan is this?

There is supposed to be a new editor that will be released. It has not been as of yet. There has been no definitive date as of yet, but I thought I had read that it was going to be sometime in Spring.

I was one of the early adopters of the original Kronos and we didn't see the editor for at least a year after units started shipping.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
spec24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
spec24 wrote:

There is supposed to be a new editor that will be released. It has not been as of yet. There has been no definitive date as of yet, but I thought I had read that it was going to be sometime in Spring.

I was one of the early adopters of the original Kronos and we didn't see the editor for at least a year after units started shipping.

Were you aware of the lack of an editor going in? I couldn't find anywhere on Korg's site mentioning the editor does not work/work well with the new Kronos. Nothing in the release notes mentioning it that I could find.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec24 wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
spec24 wrote:

Were you aware of the lack of an editor going in? I couldn't find anywhere on Korg's site mentioning the editor does not work/work well with the new Kronos. Nothing in the release notes mentioning it that I could find.

I find the workflow inside the Kronos itself to be more than adequate to edit/program onboard, so I don't actually need the editing functionality. It'd be different if it was menu diving hell like my Kurzweil PC3 (still have problems wrapping my head around certain parts of that), but I've spent enough time with the Kronos to know my way around it. Plus, these days I primarily use it as a live board, so I don't want to get mentally chained to a PC if I ever need to tweak anything.

Regarding the "plugin" portion, it's not essential to my workflow. I've been using hardware synthesizers in PC DAWs since 1997 and I've never needed a plugin to operate it. In fact, in the short time I experimented with it, I actually found it to be a bit of a PITA. I use Sonar and all I need is a midi in/out and an instrument definition file. I've always processed audio externally because my interfaces have always been way better than what the Kronos has (proper ASIO support being #1).

One other thing worth mentioning is that there has been no indication on whether the new editor will support 64bit DAWs, either.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
spec24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
spec24 wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
spec24 wrote:

I find the workflow inside the Kronos itself to be more than adequate to edit/program onboard, so I don't actually need the editing functionality. It'd be different if it was menu diving hell like my Kurzweil PC3 (still have problems wrapping my head around certain parts of that), but I've spent enough time with the Kronos to know my way around it. Plus, these days I primarily use it as a live board, so I don't want to get mentally chained to a PC if I ever need to tweak anything.

Regarding the "plugin" portion, it's not essential to my workflow. I've been using hardware synthesizers in PC DAWs since 1997 and I've never needed a plugin to operate it. In fact, in the short time I experimented with it, I actually found it to be a bit of a PITA. I use Sonar and all I need is a midi in/out and an instrument definition file. I've always processed audio externally because my interfaces have always been way better than what the Kronos has (proper ASIO support being #1).

One other thing worth mentioning is that there has been no indication on whether the new editor will support 64bit DAWs, either.

Wish I could say the same but I don't do any live or enjoy sequencing on that little screen. Can't get into a strictly software based studio either - gotta have the board Smile
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see any mention of a spring release for the update to the editor. If you read what has been said on the Soundquest forum that it sounds like the update is actually done but that Korg is controlling when the update is released.I am hoping the delay is because Korg is working on a OS update for the Kronos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: