Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EX 19 download from Kapro for Korg Kronos X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedja
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GregC !!!
My music: https://soundcloud.com/pedjak-1
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2017/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
http://moca.virtual.museum/dablog/dablog02.htm
http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery2019/autogallery_kalajdzijevic/
https://www.saatchiart.com/PedjaK
andrewt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
I think any Kronos owner who has even a passing interest in ensemble strings should absolutely buy this library. The strings are worth it themselves and everything else is icing. But it's really good icing.

Busch.

How does it compare to the more expensive string libraries? Is it still worth it at $100 now?
BruceG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've recently bought this file and agree the sounds are very high quality, especially like the pads. One question, why do these ex's come in tar.gz files? I can't find a way to review each sound or load individually to the bank of my choice like I can with the original Korg Ex's which are .pcg files, which is very frustrating. It meant copying some of my custom voices to another bank before I could load the file, and some of those I use in combis so I had to alter those as well. It seems an unnecessary complication.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on your SSD for the KApro folder. Inside that is another folder, "EXs19 KApro's Private Collection." Inside that folder is the PCG. Ignore the tar.gz, they are only for installation. In fact, you can remove the USB stick after installation so it doesn't cause confusion.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
BruceG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thanks for that Busch I'll have a look. It would certainly save me a lot of pain in the future if that's the case. It was putting me off looking at other demos.
davidnaggar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Loading EX19 Reply with quote

Hi, I’m also having trouble getting EX19 properly onto the Kronos.

When I unzip the Ex19.tar.gz file there is an HD folder that contains a KAPro folder that, in turn, contains the EXs19 KAPR’s Private collection folder. This folder contains the EXs19.PCG file and .KSC file. The PCG file is 706 KB, and I placed it in user bank CC (because I put the KRS -06 Organ sounds in the User G slot). The KSC file is 5 KB (too small?). I see the images of the programs in bank CC, but there is no sound because the samples haven’t been loaded/saved. Do I need to have EX19 in an HD-1 bank?

The HD folder also contains a PCM folder that contains a Bank 19 folder. This Bank 19 folder contains the BankMetaData.img (185 KB) and Samples00.img (1.4 GB). I’m guessing the Sample00.img file must be translated into another format before it can be saved to the SSD drive. I’m also guessing that I must do this on my computer (a mac) before placing it on the USB stick to connect to the Kronos.

Anyway, what do I need to do, and what am I doing wrong?

All help appreciated.

Thanks, David
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this. Do not unzip the tar.gz file, that's for the installer to do. Follow these instructions to the letter and you should be good.

Installing EXs
    Unzip the downloaded EXs.zip file.
    Unzipping the archive will result in a folder containing several different files.
    Copy the unzipped EXs folder to a USB storage device, such as flash memory or a USB hard drive.
    Safely disconnect the USB storage device from your computer.
    Connect the USB storage device to one of the KRONOS’s two USB A ports.
    Press the DISK button to enter Disk mode.
    Touch the "Utility" tab.
    Using the "Drive Select" menu at the bottom of the page, select the USB storage device.
    Touch the folder containing the EXs data from step 2, then touch "Open."
    Touch the EXs.exsins file to select it.
    Select "Install EXs" from the drop-down menu, or simply touch "Install".
    The system will check to confirm that the installation files are valid, and that there is sufficient space on the SSD to install the EXs. Next, an “Install EXs ”dialog box will appear:
    Touch "Install" to continue with the installation.
    The confirmation message “Are you sure?” will appear. If you decide to cancel the installation, touch "Cancel."
    Touch "OK" to continue with the installation.
    The installation will then begin. This may take a while; a progress bar shows the installation as it proceeds.

Next, the newly installed files will be verified. After the verification has completed successfully, the progress bar will disappear, and the installation is complete. The EXs sample data itself is installed on an invisible, protected part of the disk. To use the EXs, you’ll load its associated files, which will be installed into a new folder named “EXs (title) ” within the KApro folder.
    Turn the power switch off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it on again.

Loading the new samples and sounds
You can load the samples and sounds(Programs, Combis, Drum Kits, Wave Sequences, and Songs) into the default locations all at once.

To do so:
    While still in Disk mode, touch the "Load" tab.
    Set "Drive Select" to HDD: INTERNAL HD.
    Select the KApro folder, and touch "Open."
    Select the EXs (title) folder, and touch "Open."
    Select the file "EXs.PCG."
    Touch "Load."
    A dialog box appears.
    Enable the check-box labeled "Load EXs.KSC. too."
    This will load the samples along with the sounds.
    Set "Select .KSC Allocation" to "Append," and set "Load Method" to "KSC Setting."
    Leave the ".PCG Contents" parameter set to "All."
    Below the other parameters, you’ll notice a status line showing the Memory Required and Available. If the Available value is larger than Memory Required, the text will be in black, and you can proceed. If the Available value is smaller than Memory Required, it will be shown in red characters. (*1)
    Touch "OK" to load the data.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
davidnaggar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busch,

Thank you so, so much! It worked. Your step by step instructions were terrific.

David
Nez_Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: I get "Failed. ExInsall.exsins file error" on inst Reply with quote

Hi guys:

I am new to the Korg forums and new to Kronos. Recently purchased the Kronos 2-61 and am absolutely amazed by it's capabilities.

I tried installing the Exs19 library (entitled free to new Kronos owners) and tried the same steps as described by Busch and still keep getting the error message on trying to install the "EXs19.exsins" file from my flash drive. I followed the same steps exactly, but get that message. Please help and let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nez_Man
Nez_Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys:
Managed to figure it out. Very Happy

In case any other newbies like me Embarassed is having the same issue, this is what I did -

- Unzipped "K2-EXs19.zip" which results in 3 files (EXs19.exsins, EXs19.tar.gz, S019)
- Ensure you copy the unzipped files "as is" into a sub-folder called "K2-EXs19"
- Copy the folder and save it to your flash drive.

Then I followed Busch's instructions from his previous reply...Thanks Busch!

Safely disconnect the USB storage device from your computer.
Connect the USB storage device to one of the KRONOS’s two USB A ports.
Press the DISK button to enter Disk mode.
Touch the "Utility" tab.
Using the "Drive Select" menu at the bottom of the page, select the USB storage device.
Touch the folder containing the EXs data from step 2, then touch "Open."
Touch the EXs.exsins file to select it.
Select "Install EXs" from the drop-down menu, or simply touch "Install".
Deemac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry first post - so Korg Kronos newbie here (Got the 73key Kronos 2 last week - WOW!), anyway, I've done all the stuff above and loaded the files (I think). So where are they all located? How do I get to play some sounds? What program (sound) bank are they located in? I can't find anything that looks like an EX19 sound! Sorry for being dumb!!
TopCat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow noob here. I had the same problems until I formatted my USB on Kronos, instead of on my laptop. After that...the instructions mentioned in earlier posts worked fine.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, it looks like voice stealing is an issue when using String and Orquestral KAPro programs within a COMBI. They are the best sounds for the Kronos in my opinion, but they do have the polyphony issue. Has anyone find a solution to solve that? Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: