Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 note tie issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 note tie issue Reply with quote

I'm setting the gate value to tie and setting sequential note triggers with the same note value but still not getting tied (continuous/drone) notes

When I look into the preset patterns, their sequences with sustained notes have ties in them that work the way i would expect but the ones i add play back staccato.

Ive looked at every setting (I think). If anyone can let me know what ive overlooked...
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive it's the same note in the same octave?
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Exact same note. The patch plays continuously when the pad is held down in keyboard mode but only plays a step at a time in seqencer mode even when tied to the next step. Its got me really worried, hope its me and not a bug in my unit.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was messing with a pad patch & having a similar thing happen. 3 notes following each other & there's 'BLIP' somewhere ! I'm still scratching my head but if i suss it, i'll report back.... If we're on about the same thing that is !
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrHoo,
If you take any constant osc and write a sequence of 2 or more steps (3 or more at >100bpm to really hear if its sustaining), set all the leading steps (ie tie-tie-tie-96 for a quarter note) to tie. Do you hear the osc sustain for that length (dunnnnnnnnnn) or does it reset each step (dun-dun-dun-dunnn).

Mine doesnt 'blip' here and there, it wont make tied notes at all!

But like i mentioned before the preset patterns have working ties but if i try to do exactly the same gate work with the same patches (or my own) i cant tie at all.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My notes & envelope are retriggering with each programmed note. I tried the two different mono modes & the two different poly modes, there's no real continuation of drone.
Shame reallt because if the release time was longer i could get away with one note per sequence. Funny thing too, even though the tone won't last a full 4 bars, when i stop the sequencer it drones on for ages ! More irony.
MatGreGor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrHoo wrote:
I was messing with a pad patch & having a similar thing happen. 3 notes following each other & there's 'BLIP' somewhere ! I'm still scratching my head but if i suss it, i'll report back.... If we're on about the same thing that is !

I have the same problem with the "Blips" somewhere.

With the tied notes, i have to record many times the same phrase until i get decent results.
Korg Electribe 2
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that someone said that there are pre-loaded patches with note ties that work. Have you all tried just copying the pattern and work adding what you want while leaving the existing note tie in? Can you change the note / pitch / sound / effect of that note tie? Obviously if it is in the pre-loaded patterns there must be a way to make it happen.

I don't think that there is such a pattern that is made in such away that no one else can replicate it or learn from it

Examine how the feature was implemented and work backwards...seems to be the best solution.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music

Last edited by SMK on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-reading the first post on this, got me an idea ( now that I get you want a solid note, not a stepped sounding one). Do you have the arp gate feature on Kaoss pad "ON"? If you do you may get that staccato sound. That might be the source.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gate arp was one of the first things i thought of too but its off. Changing any of the arp settings doesnt seem to address the issue.
If other people are having the same issue then: either we havent figured out some weird eccentricity of the sequencer OR there is a major fault with our firmware.
Should i call the shop?
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW,
Ive seen clips of new tracks people have made on youtube that have very long notes in them that could only be tied steps, so their units must work or they know how to address the issue.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if playing the notes in from a MIDI controller changes things?
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine a midi keyboard would only work in keyboard mode/realtime recording.
In Step Edit, pressing a key on the midi controler would probably change the note of the step but the length would still have to be set manually with the gate time.
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that someone said that there are pre-loaded patches with note ties that work. Have you all tried just copying the pattern and work adding what you want while leaving the existing note tie in? Can you change the note / pitch / sound / effect of that note tie? Obviously if it is in the pre-loaded patterns there must be a way to make it happen.

I don't think that there is such a pattern that is made in such away that no one else can replicate it or learn from it

Examine how the feature was implemented and work backwards...seems to be the best solution

When i first noticed the issue that is exactly what i did (using part01 from JaxMan4). I even rebuilt the patch from scratch and wrote the gate values into the Step Edit, verbatim. It sounds the same as if i took the preset part and turned all the tied notes back to 96.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather this has any bearing on the matter or not, i remember the previous electribes & certain patches always had a blip no matter how you trimmed the attack. Usually the triangles & sines, like a small thud at the start. I could never use those patches because the smoothness of the sound was always interupted by that blip at each trigger. I think i'm experiencing the same trate with this machine. On the other hand, it could be a combination of that & modulation patching, can't pin-point it.
It's a normal glitch in analogue synthesis with those waves too & varies according to what synth. Perhaps it's inherrent in Korg chips, not sure. Maybe it's me !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: