Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX2 non dance music demos.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
OK first i was annoyed with the pop/glitch when you have a moderate to long release with poly on....now the next thing thats irking me is this sound cutoff when you're not even close to max polyphony of 24! Check it...im doing a deep house/lounge pattern....i have 4 mono synth parts plus 1 poly chord part, along with 5 mono drum parts. that equals 13...all of the synth parts have effects plus i have Punch on the Kick Drum...along with everything being sent to a Hall Reverb. Im getting cuts unless I mute one of the mono parts. This is really annoying because it makes you wonder whats the point of having 16 parts if you can barely reach half the polyphony limit?

It also makes me laugh to think that some of you want 8 bars. As it stands thats never going to happen, if you can barely reach half the poly limit. Please, Korg, fix this! Its like you're teasing us with this thing!! I can live with the 4 bars but just fix these two things! I really, really love this new electribe but these things are killing me!

Am i right in saying that some synth waves eat up more thsn one part of polyphony? I seem to remember this being glossed over in some of the early demo vids.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for staying the obvious, but are choke groups part of your issue too? I have all my synths on the right hand half of the pads and choke groups catch me out every time. Must set up my own template... But yes, another foible to add to the list.

roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not at all. i keep synths on the top line, drums on the bottom. And I don't always use choke groups if i dont work with hats or dont asign them to the last 4 pads.

It must be an effects issue. 5 synth parts all on the top, 4 mono2 and 1 poly2, all with effects, feeding into the master FX of hall reverb. Then, 5 mono2 drum parts , also going into the master FX plus the Kick drum with Punch FX inserted. I guess this is too much for it, but why? Why tease us?
jim555

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
not at all. i keep synths on the top line, drums on the bottom. And I don't always use choke groups if i dont work with hats or dont asign them to the last 4 pads.

It must be an effects issue. 5 synth parts all on the top, 4 mono2 and 1 poly2, all with effects, feeding into the master FX of hall reverb. Then, 5 mono2 drum parts , also going into the master FX plus the Kick drum with Punch FX inserted. I guess this is too much for it, but why? Why tease us?

I think it has to do with IFX. My last video had this issue and the pattern for it had similar setup as what you stated.
Buska

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
Nice use of the touchpad there!

On a side note, I just realised my MBP has no line-in Shocked Wanted to record something I recorded with the event recorder on it to share it here Laughing Time to get some usb audio or a sweet thunderbolt dock. Now here's my money tree?

Duuude you can switch the headphone port to an input on the macbookpro, just look in the sound settings and there's a dropdownmenu somewhere to change it Wink

Also can't you just bounce the event to a audio file on the electribe?
Kilko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buska wrote:
dutchcow wrote:

On a side note, I just realised my MBP has no line-in Shocked Wanted to record something I recorded with the event recorder on it to share it here Laughing Time to get some usb audio or a sweet thunderbolt dock. Now here's my money tree?

Duuude you can switch the headphone port to an input on the macbookpro, just look in the sound settings and there's a dropdownmenu somewhere to change it Wink

You could do this on older Macbooks, but not the new one's.
Buska

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilko wrote:
Buska wrote:
dutchcow wrote:

You could do this on older Macbooks, but not the new one's.

Oh no way! Ok thanks for the clarification, I hate spreading misinformation Sad
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, starting in 2012 it does't have a lineout/linein switch anymore. It only supports iPhone mic/mono input. Kind of odd considering it's a MBP. I normally record digitally on my old and trusty minidisc, I prefer no computers when I make music Very Happy

I read in the manual using effects will also affect the polyphony. So using 4 mono parts with 1 IFX per part can use 8 voices or something. It would be nice if Korg would be more clear about how the paraphony works.
Octahedron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool jam together with volca sample. http://youtu.be/PistburgRjM

Not mine,just something i bumped into on youtube.
whormongr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:

It also makes me laugh to think that some of you want 8 bars. As it stands thats never going to happen, if you can barely reach half the poly limit. Please, Korg, fix this! Its like you're teasing us with this thing!! I can live with the 4 bars but just fix these two things! I really, really love this new electribe but these things are killing me!

I think you are mixing up cpu and mem here - 8 bars wouldn't change the cpu load - also you can use the entire thing with one poly part if you play 24 notes at a time - the 24 part isn't like, 24 parts it is 24 notes at once.... so you have to think that if you have 3 note chords with decay - if you hit 4 of them at once, that is 12 parts not 4 notes, and if you hit another pad - if that is before the decay is finished that becomes part 13 till the decay is done. the decay is a ramp over a gate - until the gate is gone, the decay is using the same power as a held note.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Electribe Er-1 mk2 last week, here is a track of it playing nicely with the Electribe 2. The audio out from the Electribe 2 is being piped into the Er-1 and processed, hence the tiresome gating effect!!

https://soundcloud.com/apapdop/sounds-from-saturday-morning

Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post apapdop .the familiar sound of the ER.
Version 1 had an excellent ring mod effect button above the audio trigger Ins. What is on the ER mk 2?
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
Nice post apapdop .the familiar sound of the ER.
Version 1 had an excellent ring mod effect button above the audio trigger Ins. What is on the ER mk 2?

Thanks for checking it out. The mk2 has cross mod for synth parts 1 and 2, ring mod for synth part 4 and the audio ins. It's a fab little thing, so much more than a mere drum machine!!

Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure. It does sound a bit better the mk2 ,from your track.I love the sequencer.
Lenzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first try. Very sloppy yet Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: