Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg have something big in pipeline for Electribe 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d2ba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Korg have something big in pipeline for Electribe 2 Reply with quote

Korg dealer told me a hint
HINT -Something big in the pipeline that will help all Electribe 2 owners
We will have to wait for announcement at Namm to confirm

My take - something monumental

"there is a firmware swapping feature to load the sampler version and vice versa"

"there is a Software editor for Electribe 2"

Last edited by d2ba on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 am; edited 3 times in total
d2ba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hint is solid --same dealer gave me a few hints about ARP ODYSSEY
which tie in what JRR Shop leaked later yesterday afternoon and pulled

"
ARP ODYSSEY DUOPHONIC SYNTHESIZER

Price is MAP $999 pics here and if you add to shopping basket --street price is $899 --you get a discount of $99 automatically
http://www.jrrshop.com/korg-arp-odyssey

Forty years later, a complete revival

The ARP Odyssey was an analog synthesizer originally produced in 1972 by the American manufacturer ARP Instruments, Inc. that quickly garnered a faithful following among musicians. Well respected for its high value, ease to play and portability, the ARP Odyssey had undergone several improvements during its history and continued to be a long-seller until manufacturing stopped in 1981 due to economic hardships and the digital surge. Loved by a wide range of musicians as a historical classic, its sound can be heard on numerous classic songs.

Now in 2015, Korg has brought back the ARP Odyssey for today. With the advisory assistance of David Friend, the co-founder of ARP Instruments, Korg has completely reproduced the original circuitry for artists looking to recreate classic sounds and explore new ones. Together the engineers at Korg and Arp were able to nail the sound and feel of the original. Every detail has been carefully considered to stay true to the quality of the original, down to the sophisticated semi-hard case.

● Complete reconstruction of three generations of circuitry, with the founder as advisor

o The distinctive synthesis of the ARP Odyssey has been reproduced from the circuit level up
o Filters of all three generations are provided
o Portamento behaviors of both Rev1 and Rev2/3 are provided

● An evolved ARP Odyssey that preserves the basic design of the original

o Compact body, highly operable sliders, and a slim keyboard that's easy to play
o DRIVE switch (new function) is provided
o Connectors include MIDI and headphone output
o Patch cables included
● Dedicated semi-hard case included

they pulled the page
but pics are here
http://www.jrrshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x600/be28ee97a3b6a6abdc10fdb61fb6e2f8/k/o/korgarpodyssey3.jpg

http://www.jrrshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x600/be28ee97a3b6a6abdc10fdb61fb6e2f8/k/o/korgarpodyssey2.jpg
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i really hope that they just give us a comprehensive firmware update with stuff to make the electribe 2 useable. That would be my biggest hope.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing a really nice IOS app/librarian/editor thingy.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
d2ba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever it is --its something monumental!!!! (Its going to be a lot more than a software update then the previous poster DrHoo hoped for)
My money is still on end user can flash the hardware to either esx2 or emx2

Take a look at post "Guts of an EMX2" --the sampling ram is is enough 512MB
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=94641&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allowing people to swap between synth/sampling engines could potentially harm half of their sales, so I really don't see this happening. It would be pointless to even release the sampling version if this were true, yet it's still available to preorder. Besides, the reason the non-sampling Electribe has that 512MB ram is because it's utilized for the audio export feature.

Adding extra functionality to those whom purchase both makes more sense to me. Call me cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me if Korg introduced a longer pattern bar update if you connect both units together, much like how you could polychain the MS-2000 with the rack version for extra voices. This would give people an incentive to purchase both, not just one over the other.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
d2ba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id argue that this will increase their sales ---the customer gets an ESX2 and EXS2---id say that people that use other more PRO groove box's e.g. Elektron A4/AR/Octatrak would jump all over this over curiosity at MAP of $399 even if they disregarded the earlier Electribes as being a bit unprofessional. They would take a chance for sure.

its obvious the machines are identical in hardware so I'm saying a good chance Korg will announce this at NAMM
All i know its something monumental concerning Electribe 2 that will really sweeten the deal for existing owner--thats the tip off I got

Last edited by d2ba on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d2ba wrote:
Id argue that this will increase their sales ---the customer gets an ESX2 and EXS2---id say that people that use other groove box's e.g. Elektron A4/AR would jump all over this
its obvious the machines are identical in hardware so I'm saying a good chance Korg will announce this at NAMM
All i know its something monumental concerning Electribe 2 --thats the tip off I got

The trend is open-source, modularity, expandability - since both units are identical and James Pullen started the OS swapping rumor - this could really happen.

Is the the 512mb memory where the e2 keeps it's PCM, and where the sampler would keep it's samples?
d2ba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the the 512mb memory where the e2 keeps it's PCM, and where the sampler would keep it's samples?

yes there is no ROM in the hardware its flash ram.
You would lose the PCM when you booted into ESX2
One workaround is to sample PCM into DAW and reimport as your own samples
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d2ba wrote:

yes there is no ROM in the hardware its flash ram.
You would lose the PCM when you booted into ESX2
One workaround is to sample PCM into DAW and reimport as your own samples

Maybe the OS and the sampling function could be booted directly from an SD card. (Hold down a button combo and power on.) The OS and all the samples it supports would fit on a 2 gig card.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-member makes a good point-
Why would they release a sampler version if this done it all? It would just be a case of plug outs like the System1.
They want us to buy both.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
Re-member makes a good point-
Why would they release a sampler version if this done it all? It would just be a case of plug outs like the System1.
They want us to buy both.

There are performers who need both synth and sampler in their live rig, so 2 units is for them. Plus the people who like having the functions of both.

For most everyone else, they tend to break down into either synth camp or sample camp and use one unit. They were only ever going to buy 1 electribe anyway. Most EMX/ESX videos I saw were one or the other.

This would let you see if the grass is greener. It might even drive up the sales a little, as people discover how much they like the other unit and imagine them synced up and expanding the options.

I don't think there's anyone who wants both who will be satisfied with 1-at-a-time. Also, any "generous" move like this tends to create press (like the free SH-101 pullout by Roland) so it seems canny. It's a very 2015 move.
jimmyfontana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they'll upgrade the os to include sample playback or even sampling.

Since the beginning the sampler electribe seems to have been more of a plan than a reality. There were no demos, nobody has seen it, and the only difference with the synth one was the logo and colour tone. The hardware on both machines is supposed to be the same so maybe they've reconsidered and will simply include the sample option as an oscillator type instead of releasing another machine with a different os. The machine can already sample from the inputs, export to sd card, etc.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyfontana wrote:
Maybe they'll upgrade the os to include sample playback or even sampling.

Since the beginning the sampler electribe seems to have been more of a plan than a reality. There were no demos, nobody has seen it, and the only difference with the synth one was the logo and colour tone. The hardware on both machines is supposed to be the same so maybe they've reconsidered and will simply include the sample option as an oscillator type instead of releasing another machine with a different os. The machine can already sample from the inputs, export to sd card, etc.

That would be the most exciting development I could imagine. I figure swappable OSs are more realistic - but if they actually roll these units into one synthesizing, 17-filter-sporting, drum PCM-having, sampling superunit, I'll never turn mine off.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, it would only make sense to do this if sales from current Electribe are flopping, but even then, it would be cheaper to either recall the current version or not release the sampling version rather than manufacture and market both as if they were different units. Different packages and different cases cost extra money to manufacture, even if they are same thing underneath.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: