Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crashing safari 8.0.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: crashing safari 8.0.2 Reply with quote

This site is crashing safari 8.0.2 quite a bit for me.

Crashes happen when clicking on posts, or forum sections.

The annoying thing is that after the crash I loose all indications of unread posts, any ideas why this might be so?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been no software changes on our end in quite a while, so if this is a recent issue for you, it's wouldn't be the forum itself.

That being said, some users are running code in their signature to display advertisements at the end of their posts. Typically a GIF or a static image would be the popular choice, but there's some who use FLASH. If you haven't updated FLASH on your computer in a while, “maybe” that could be a problem.

Regards
Sharp.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

Thanks for the info, it crashes when clicking on forum sections so there would be no flash based stuff there I guess?

Any idea why my indications of unread posts would disappear?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Hi Sharp,

Thanks for the info, it crashes when clicking on forum sections so there would be no flash based stuff there I guess?

Correct, there wouldn't be any flash running there.

Did it always crash?
Have you recently started using a different theme in your profile? If yes, try going back to the old one you used to see if that solves your problem.

I'd also recommend dumping any old temp internet files, cookie and history from your browser to see if that cleans up the problem.

Quote:
Any idea why my indications of unread posts would disappear?

If your browser is crashing out, the forum thinks you have left the site. So when you come back seconds later after you relaunch your browser, there won't be any new posts since your last visit seconds ago.

Regards
Sharp.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it has started crashing the last couple of days, originally when I posted this I thought you might well say something had changed at your end, unfortunately its now not looking that simple!

No different theme being used. I will look at doing a cleanup of safari.

Concerning the unread posts indication, if I exit safari and then relaunch it and come back to the forum the unread indications still are there, why would safari crashing be different?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: