Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd request: Can I make a sound for you; Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After second listen I don't think a phaser is involved: It's probably just some wah-movement within chords; the rest of the solo seems unmodulated.

The Kronos has a very good Vox Wah emulation in the vintage effects (can be used with an expression pedal).
roundand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really impressive work.

What about Coldplay's "A Sky Full of Stars"? That would be really nice, including the filtering.
Korg Kronos X 88, Arturia Keylab 61, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha MM8, iPad Air 2 (various apps including e.g. Animoog) Alesis Vortex Wireless Keytar, MacBook Pro late 2016 15'' (Logic Pro X, MainStage 3Ableton Live 9 Suite, various plug-ins including e.g. Omnisphere)
DanielD71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
Someone asked for Hungry Like the Wolf (Duran Duran) so I've tossed this together.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49099211/HungrySample.mp3

That's the sample, pardon my triggering

Here's the PCG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49099211/HungryWolf.PCG

Enjoy!

KeyboardMag post this a while ago
http://www.keyboardmag.com/gear/1183/duran-duran39s-39hungry-like-the-wolf39/27765

Regards
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielD71 wrote:

KeyboardMag post this a while ago
http://www.keyboardmag.com/gear/1183/duran-duran39s-39hungry-like-the-wolf39/27765

Regards

Thanks, and yup - That's exactly where I got the information on how to build a good part of the sound. Great guide, and accurate too.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roundand wrote:

What about Coldplay's "A Sky Full of Stars"? That would be really nice, including the filtering.

Adding it to the list on Page 1 Smile

I'll see what I can come up with.
Omnisphere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Sound requests Reply with quote

Hi Enigma,

This is a very cool and generous thing to do for the Forum and i am grateful to you for doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bghiMK6pQSs

position 37.30 to 37.32, smooth synth glide into hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOmhcPc_wMA

Position 18.54 to 19.05, warbling synth sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbAHMEPRV9k

Position, 0, opening Synth sound and the Synth solo

Thanks
drb32856

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: How about the HeadEast sound from Never Been Any Reason Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/_mZEdwDFYpI
It would be cool if you could do the filter effect at the end solo 1 with the pitch bend lever and add the duo osc sound with switch 1 and the port effect on switch 2. I know this is a lot but I have gotten close on my Ion but need it for the Kronos as I am trying to only gig with it and my Karma nowadays.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound requests Reply with quote

Omnisphere wrote:
Hi Enigma...

Okay, those are cool. The first couple of sounds should be easy enough, the third is neat.

The last one is also pretty easy, the synth lead sound I'm pretty sure there's something already like that in the Kronos but I'll definitely be able to make that one sound close.

drb32856 wrote:
It would be cool if you...

Okay, that sounds doable. It's not a terribly complicated sound so it should be not unreasonable.

As an update, I'm getting stuck on a sound currently, so I'm not going to work on these ones I've added to the "To do" list until I finish the one before it, etc.

I'll get to these as soon as I can.
drb32856

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound requests Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
Omnisphere wrote:
Hi Enigma...

Okay, those are cool. The first couple of sounds should be easy enough, the third is neat.

The last one is also pretty easy, the synth lead sound I'm pretty sure there's something already like that in the Kronos but I'll definitely be able to make that one sound close.

drb32856 wrote:
It would be cool if you...

Okay, that sounds doable. It's not a terribly complicated sound so it should be not unreasonable.

As an update, I'm getting stuck on a sound currently, so I'm not going to work on these ones I've added to the "To do" list until I finish the one before it, etc.

I'll get to these as soon as I can.

Okay, thanks and I am really happy to have such super resources such as you available on this forum.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roundand wrote:

Are you looking for just the piano? Or do you want the big digital strings/pads for the Chorus too?

And for the piano, do you want the filtering automatic or set to a controller?
johnnydr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got one for ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6aKnRnBxM
.48 right after he say"baker street"
Miguel Pinheiro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, enigmahack, thanks for the amazing sounds you're (re)creating. They sound very authentic and close to the originals (even the Jordan Lead, which is so much difficult to get even close Very Happy )so I'd like to ask you one patch too.

Here's my situation: I have a Nightwish cover band and since I purchased Korg Kronos I could not find a similar Strings sound used by Tuomas. Nothing can beat the Korg N364 patch called BIGSTRING that Tuomas uses a lot.

I even tried to re-sample the patch, but couldn't get it to sound right. Would you mind giving it a shot to create a Strings Combi sound close to what he uses? This sound is done with the Ai2 engine, that had awesome strings/orchestral sounds. It is so unique that Tuomas owns a Kronos and uses it live, but he STILL brings the N364 to the stage because of the Strings.
Here is the video. The Strings sounds appear from 0:25. thanks a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6u59gzyhbk
Bart S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi enigmahack,
thank you for your great sounds Very Happy Can you replicate the original Bon Jovi - Runaway sound? Til now, I did not manage to let it sound exactly like the original Crying or Very sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47F6W7oewM

Best regards
Bart
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - I just grabbed those sounds, they all sound doable - added to my list and updated the ones I've finished so far. (Back on Page 1, first post)
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack wrote:
Cool - I just grabbed those sounds, they all sound doable - added to my list and updated the ones I've finished so far. (Back on Page 1, first post)

Sorry, I never got back to you on the Shine On lead, but you can scrub that one, as I got to the point where I now think the Kronos exceeds the Nord G2 patch that I was using. So I am a happy bunny. Smile

I'll share my sounds at some point to give something back the community. I can't post my PCG as is, as it contains 3rd party copyright patches that I have purchased as well, so I need to create a PCG of just my patches to share them. I'll do that when I get time (hah!).

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26

Jump to: