Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXi program pitch settings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
V-man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject: EXi program pitch settings? Reply with quote

Hi, I have two identical MOD-7 VPM Synth voices in a program. One assigned to EXi1 and the other to EXi2. The thing want to do is to detune these two EXi's from each other. EXi1 tuned a little on plus side and EXi2 tuned a little on minus side, like +0002 and -0002.

I try to do this by change of values in the pitch section in the OSC/PCM Mod tab of the EXi1 and EXi2 respectively but I can not hear any difference of the pitch in the sound. Even if I change the octave setting in this section nothing happens.

Can any one tell me how to do this setting?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD-7 is different with more then PCM OSC. If the PCM is not assign actually you do nothing. Mod - 7 use 6 different OSC like DX7 operators and PCM osc .
I think you should not copy the EXI 1 to EXI 2 to generate detune if is identical. Is enough to use Unison 2 voices from Common section and change the detune. If the EXi 1 and EXi 2 are not identical, use a Macro Edit - Detune from OSC Main section.
V-man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
MOD-7 is different with more then PCM OSC. If the PCM is not assign actually you do nothing. Mod - 7 use 6 different OSC like DX7 operators and PCM osc .
I think you should not copy the EXI 1 to EXI 2 to generate detune if is identical. Is enough to use Unison 2 voices from Common section and change the detune. If the EXi 1 and EXi 2 are not identical, use a Macro Edit - Detune from OSC Main section.

Thank's for the information. I tried you suggestion with the Unison feature and it gave pritty much the result that I was looking for. Great help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: