Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEHRINGER MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER FCB1010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snorkum,

The FCB1010 comes with power cable and manual.
Here's the manual anyway: http://www.behringer.com/assets/FCB1010_P0089_M_EN.pdf

You will need MIDI cables (yes and USB-MIDI adapter) - it works pretty seamlessly - didn't have any issues.

Make sure you download the FCB PC editor:- http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkum wrote:
Hi Pete:
When you purchase this piece of equipment does everything come with it, or do you need to purchase additional items to make this work. I assume at this price you would have to purchase the Midi to USB conversion cable to plug it in to your computer to program.

The FCB1010 works great with the PA series I used it with great success on a PA600 before moving to a Yamaha PSRs950 I use it with the 950 but unfortunately the Yamaha is not so midi friendly but I had some great help and have a custommidi box to control the midi to FCB1010 HOWEVER I am about to move back to a PA900 and I will utilise my FCB1010.
have a look here http://www.wabbitwanch.com/ this is where it all happened for me using iFCB although I have to say I have a Mac iFCB is used to set the 1010 give it a look skeak to Mel Patrick who will be more than happy to advise you. PM me if I can be of any further help
johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm yes you can use all the features on the 1010 10 buttons x 10 i.e 10 different complete set ups the two pedals and the two jack switches. It works really well with a korg which is much more midi friendly than yamaha see page 317 of the 900 manual the pedals work via sysex. As I say I use a mac to set my 1010 using iFCB from wabbitwanch I am sure you can use windows using other software but I cant make a comment on that because I don't know
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback and the positive comments. You just strengthen what Pete mentioned in his previous posts. I have made my mind up a couple of days ago and will go ahead a purchase this unit when I get a chance. Unfortunately I am travelling a lot right with work. However it will happen soon. For your info, read Pete's post about the software for the PC, it works well and makes life a lot easier to program the FCB1010.
johnnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkum wrote:
Thanks for your feedback and the positive comments. You just strengthen what Pete mentioned in his previous posts. I have made my mind up a couple of days ago and will go ahead a purchase this unit when I get a chance. Unfortunately I am travelling a lot right with work. However it will happen soon. For your info, read Pete's post about the software for the PC, it works well and makes life a lot easier to program the FCB1010.

Good glad you are going to get one. As I said I don't know what software works well with windows I only use Mac but make sure you buy a good quality USB midi interface the cheapo ones off the shelf are usually pretty naff. My kit works really well for me and the software makes it a breeze hope you are soon up and running. Also the FCB1010 is quite old now so if you are buying used make sure you get a reasonably up to date unit at least with the latest upgrade inserted. Johnnie
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: FCB1010 - Firmware Reply with quote

johnnie wrote:
.. a good quality USB midi interface the cheapo ones off the shelf are usually pretty naff ... up to date unit at least with the latest upgrade inserted

Hello,
most of USB-Midi-Interfaces - also cheap ones - works well with FCB1010. Most of them are native compatible with most operating systems, are Plug&Play, needs no driver-installation and have ultra-low-latency.

Maybe you have problems with FCB-functions of second-hand-units if firmware is earlier than version 2.3.

To upgrade the firmware it is necessary to install a new chip (easy to do with update-manual).

It is also possible to update firmware with using a zipped image-file (free download) to create your own updated firmware chip by burning an EPROM. As burnig a firmware chip is no easy procedure and one have no access to do, it is better to get a chip from Behringer to be installed or to purchase a new chip with additional features (like UnO).

Additional features of UnO are a stompbox mode, flexible programming of stomps and momentary effects and easier patchdumps to do from PC.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
johnnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: FCB1010 - Firmware Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
johnnie wrote:
.. a good quality USB midi interface the cheapo ones off the shelf are usually pretty naff ... up to date unit at least with the latest upgrade inserted

Hello,
most of USB-Midi-Interfaces - also cheap ones - works well with FCB1010. Most of them are native compatible with most operating systems, are Plug&Play, needs no driver-installation and have ultra-low-latency.

Maybe you have problems with FCB-functions of second-hand-units if firmware is earlier than version 2.3.

To upgrade the firmware it is necessary to install a new chip (easy to do with update-manual).

It is also possible to update firmware with using a zipped image-file (free download) to create your own updated firmware chip by burning an EPROM. As burnig a firmware chip is no easy procedure and one have no access to do, it is better to get a chip from Behringer to be installed or to purchase a new chip with additional features (like UnO).

Additional features of UnO are a stompbox mode, flexible programming of stomps and momentary effects and easier patchdumps to do from PC.

I guess it depends on what your definition of what you consider to be a cheap midi interface. I went through three new cheap interfaces before I got sorted. It seems the cheap ones dont work that well with sysex I ended up getting a fastlane and had no problems since. I am not saying a cheap one will not work but the percentages are not that great.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snorkum

Don't worry about chip upgrades - the FCB works fine as is. MIDI interfaces are not expensive and should work plug and play on PC.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
johnnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Snorkum

Don't worry about chip upgrades - the FCB works fine as is. MIDI interfaces are not expensive and should work plug and play on PC.

Pete Very Happy

As I said depends on your starting price to determine cheap . Try Amazon 1.95
or 5 they are just not fast enough for any machine but if they do it for you then fine
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the positive feedback. Will let you know as soon as I get it. As far as the midi interface, I am not really so much worried about the cost of it, since I know that is just very inexpensive compared to the controller. Wink
Will let you know when I have it. Because, I am sure I will have a question or two for you guys.
Again Thank you all.
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I looked at the measurement today and this one looks quite big. Does not fit underneath my keyboard stand. I might have to rethink a little bit here. Sad
The manual says ( Long 27" X Wide 8.75" )
johnnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkum wrote:
Wow. I looked at the measurement today and this one looks quite big. Does not fit underneath my keyboard stand. I might have to rethink a little bit here. Sad
The manual says ( Long 27" X Wide 8.75" )

Of course if you have a scissor stand then you would struggle a bit I have a 4 legged stand and that is fine. A scissor stand is really going to restrict you. It's a shame that korg stopped putting a connection to take their board on the mid range models. I still have an i5S and even that has a connection. However all things considered if you sit at your keyboard scissor stands are a bit restrictive on the legs anyway.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't buy another Korg that doesn't accept the EC5. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it. I bought this Peak controller:
http://www.peak2005.com/j/midi-foot-controllers/15-fcb4n2-programmable-midi-foot-controller-ver20.html
I use it to control break/fill, style variations, OTS variations, etc., as needed.
Evidently Korg doesn't have setting to let us do vocal harmony on/off so I use the assignable footswitch for that.

I see they have another model now, but I haven't checked it out. They also have a smaller one.
DonM
johnnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
I won't buy another Korg that doesn't accept the EC5. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it. I bought this Peak controller:
http://www.peak2005.com/j/midi-foot-controllers/15-fcb4n2-programmable-midi-foot-controller-ver20.html
I use it to control break/fill, style variations, OTS variations, etc., as needed.
Evidently Korg doesn't have setting to let us do vocal harmony on/off so I use the assignable footswitch for that.

I see they have another model now, but I haven't checked it out. They also have a smaller one.
DonM

If you think Korg are bad when it comes to control you want to try Yamaha mid range keyboards they are a nightmare when it comes to midi control. Yamaha want to control everything but leaves no option on being controlled via midi.
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha have a lot of control, but a lot of it that is done with simple MIDI PC#'s and CC's on most other arrangers is done with far more complex sys-ex strings on Yamaha's.

We have touched on this on other threads, but if you want a stand with tons of room underneath for all the pedals your heart desires, AND doesn't bounce or sway one iota, try one of these: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PlatformStdF

A second tier is available if needed. Room underneath to place your sustain pedals in the middle and STILL have the FCB to one side, maybe even an expression on the other side too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: