Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistabishi with electribe sampler~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Mistabishi with electribe sampler~ Reply with quote

(well...photo only)

https://www.facebook.com/mistabishi/photos/a.10154876925385584.1073741830.40123750583/10155148872860584/?type=1&theater
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mistabishi: The editting is deep if you consider the synth as a whole. The pattern switching is what let's it down but with every glitch they find they update the fw so it's an ongoing thing.

Haha, every glitch eh? Too bad we can't report those glitches to Korg anywhere, other than posting here and emailing a lazy buck-passing support department.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what it's worth I'm glad mistabishi is (i'm assuming) an integral part of the e2 development, not just because he's a good smart artist but also because he seems to be good and keeping in touch online and actually replying to most people. so somehow i believe out concerns and suggestions will reach korg in a very indirect way
Buska

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:
for what it's worth I'm glad mistabishi is (i'm assuming) an integral part of the e2 development, not just because he's a good smart artist but also because he seems to be good and keeping in touch online and actually replying to most people. so somehow i believe out concerns and suggestions will reach korg in a very indirect way

Hopefully they listen Rolling Eyes
dutchcow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he is involved on a level we would like. He tests and promotes the units, and gets paid to do so.

Call me a cynic but the fact they rushed this device on the market with a firmware that is far from finished and then expect their customers to wait and see if and what problems will be solved does not give the feeling that everything will be sorted out.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
I doubt he is involved on a level we would like. He tests and promotes the units, and gets paid to do so.

Call me a cynic but the fact they rushed this device on the market with a firmware that is far from finished and then expect their customers to wait and see if and what problems will be solved does not give the feeling that everything will be sorted out.

I wouldn't call that being cynical, haha, it's totally realistic.

He was demoing the first Electribe way back in Sept 2014, which means he's had it for four months now. More and more new users keep coming to this forum reporting bugs after only having the unit for a few days. Surely within the four months he's had it, he's encountered all the same bugs everyone here keeps posting about. Yet there's only been a single update and many of the bugs are still present.

The way I see it, he was hired to design a few presets, then endorse and promote the product. That's about it. It's no different than what that shill Jordan Rudess gets paid to do.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
The way I see it, he was hired to design a few presets, then endorse and promote the product. That's about it. It's no different than what that shill Jordan Rudess gets paid to do.

In my imagination, James Pullen gets an alert on an old pager. He then pulls a record on his shelf, and the wall rotates to reveal a secret room.

In the room are several electribes and future Korg products backlit by blue lights and fog, as well as a secured laptop. He then pulls up a connection to a server and downloads an encrypted beta titled "1.08."

After testing for 24 hours, he calls up Korg and in lightly accented Japanese lists all the bugs he has found, and thanks them for going to 8 bars.

"We will send you a new Beta tomorrow, Mistabishi-san."

"Arigatou."

Last edited by Ted3000 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Re-Member wrote:

In my imagination, James Pullen gets an alert on an old pager. He then pulls a record on his shelf, and the wall rotates to reveal a secret room.

In the room are several electribes and future Korg products backlit by blue lights and fog, as well as a secured laptop. He then pulls up a connection to a server and downloads an encrypted beta titled "1.08."

After testing for 24 hours, he calls up Korg and in lightly accented Japanese lists all the bugs he has found, and thanks them for going to 8 bars.

"We will send you a new Beta tomorrow, Mitsubishi-san."

"Arigatou."

Laughing Very Happy this is exactly what happens
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
"We will send you a new Beta tomorrow, Mitsubishi-san."
"Arigatou."

https://soundcloud.com/astrospy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjsqtAkwLpkwHTutdMrQMA

You Sir, have style. Laughing Applause
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Re-Member wrote:

"We will send you a new Beta tomorrow, Mitstabishi-san."

"Arigatou."

apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah!! So there is hope then...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:

You Sir, have style. Laughing Applause

Thanks! I've got style, talent, good looks, and I'm humble too. Wink
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
and I'm humble too. Wink

No worries, when it comes to humility, you're the greatest. Wink

Love the 50s retro style on your vids and stuff.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not now believe a single word that Mistabishi utters. His credibility surely has been shot. All that tripe about 'holding the dance floor all night'- and all the rest of it.

He is paid to feed us a line- and he does it. In this context he is nothing more than an advertising billboard. He has been picked (and paid) by Korg to front this up. It wouldn't do to have one of their smiling executives out there telling us all about it- I don't expect they would have shifted so many units then.

He is a musician-he will have nothing whatsoever to do with the development side of things. In fact I would be surprised if they would let him hold a soldering iron- just in case he falls asleep on top of it. It's probably more like- 'wake him up and brush these cornflakes off his chest- he's due on in 5 minutes........ and don't forget..... show him the readies just before he steps out....... and remind him we're taping it!'

I think should do the honourable thing now and resign from this position if he has any scruples- he has led us up the garden path for a few bucks in his pocket. Being a bit dozy should not be mitigation.

Mr Fishy more like.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
I would not now believe a single word that Mistabishi utters. His credibility surely has been shot. All that tripe about 'holding the dance floor all night'- and all the rest of it.

It's good to be skeptical, but I'm not sure James Pullen is a villain. He was picked by Korg for his astounding EMX programming. He does things with "outdated" groove boxes that other people need a whole complicated rig to accomplish. And based on those bona fides he makes a good brand ambassador.

I think you could hold the floor all night with the e2 - provided you have Mistabishi-level skills and taste. And a floor. And people who want to dance all night.

I don't have any of those things but I think the electribe is a fun, rewarding and liberating tool if you embrace the groovebox concept.

Seems like every company (not just Korg) pushes product that's half-done out the door. Now that firmware is upgradeable even MOOG is doing it - the Sub 37 has a sequencer button that does not do anything, and probably won't until February - it's been out for a while.

Mistabishi helped sell me on the e2, but I was probably going to get one no matter what. I don't feel swindled, I just have high hopes for fixes and features - and new firmware is coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: