Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

you can write sound to e2 sd card from external device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: you can write sound to e2 sd card from external device Reply with quote

Do you guys know that it is possible to write external sound signal to e2 sd card using audio or p.set write features when audio in goes through external oscilator type what makes me think that in theory e2 could work as sampler.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying that for example you record audio in into a pattern and save it onto the SD card. and then you can just backup that pattern and the audio signal recorded will be sampled?
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:
So you're saying that for example you record audio in into a pattern and save it onto the SD card. and then you can just backup that pattern and the audio signal recorded will be sampled?

Not exactly. Imagine you connect e2 to volca via midi cable so volca plays the midi data from e2. Then you connect volca to e2 via audio cable not as audio in thru but using oscilator as audio in. Then you just go to export audio and one of the tracks on sd is volca sound (sorry for bad english). I mean you can record audio to e2 sd from external audio sourse if it goes through oscillator. I did it with my volca keys and it worked perfectly.

Last edited by NickZoll on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean so it can sample itself? i wonder if you can have multiple audio ins in a single pattern i need to play around with this idea!
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:
you mean so it can sample itself? i wonder if you can have multiple audio ins in a single pattern i need to play around with this idea!

maybe, I've never tried it. As I sayd I just wrote external sourse.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will record incoming audio to the card when you export. The downside is that during export, the audio outputs on the electribe are muted, so you can't hear what you're doing. For Ableton Exports, there's additional time it where it's doing more than just recording it feels like too, so you'd never know when the recording is done, and when the electribe is just prepping the Live set.

Unless I'm missing something. Neat feature if what you're recording is already sequenced, but if you wanted to tweak the external synth in realtime at the same time, you'd need to play to a stop watch Smile
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:
Yes, it will record incoming audio to the card when you export. The downside is that during export, the audio outputs on the electribe are muted, so you can't hear what you're doing. For Ableton Exports, there's additional time it where it's doing more than just recording it feels like too, so you'd never know when the recording is done, and when the electribe is just prepping the Live set.

Unless I'm missing something. Neat feature if what you're recording is already sequenced, but if you wanted to tweak the external synth in realtime at the same time, you'd need to play to a stop watch Smile

You're right, but you can program all the stuff on electribe and send it by midi to external synth
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:
Neat feature if what you're recording is already sequenced...

thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've tried it but the exported wav has just silence. What am I doing wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: