Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish list for next firmware update for Electribe 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jericho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Wish list for next firmware update for Electribe 2 Reply with quote

I'm putting this out in hopes that Korg may be watching as I know of no other doors to knock on. I just updated firmware to 1.03 and I really enjoy the extra shortcuts implemented via Shift+Trigger Pads. Some shortcuts are there that I will never use, and some aren't but are no more than a few button pushes away. The tightened transition between patterns is also well received. I want to mention a couple things I would like to see implemented in the next update and would like to have others chime in as well. Here is my wish list. The first two are the big ones:

1. A true solo function - Electribe 2 was advertised as having mute and solo functions, but once you solo (part mute button twice followed by trigger pads) you can't go back to the previous state without manually unmuting tracks one at a time or unmuting all tracks (shift+part mute). A major enhancement to performing would be to easily solo and unsolo one or more tracks just as any mixer would.

2. 128 step sequencer - Just like the previous electribe, making patterns get more mileage. It doesn't seem like this would take up much memory and perhaps could use shift+1-4 buttons to access other steps while (length) could go up to 8.

3. Comprehensive Manual- The manual thus far is more like a getting started guide. The parameter guides is a step in the right direction, but with so much time and money dedicated to designing and building this great machine, It's too bad there is not a comprehensive manual describing oscillator and effect edit functions etc.

4. Notes, Reverb Tails, etc. carrying over from previous patterns - Not sure if this is possible although it seems as though it would be granted you hadn't reached the 24 voice max.

5. Step Edit Gate Time functionality on pcm and drum sounds - Default could be 127 but if desired, could be shortened by step.

6. Extra edit for insert FX - Maybe shift+edit knob to have say delay time and feedback for delays. Also reverb for insert efx ( I know its cpu intensive, but maybe just an economical one?)

7. Data Tranfer via USB instead of just by memory card - Not a big deal, but would be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's see.....

Off the top of my head i would say:

1. a temporary pad select when in other modes like part mute or keyboard or whatever.

2. a step jump mode where after step jumping it goes back to where the sequence would have been (similar to flux mode on traktor)

3. reverb for IFX

4. export event recorder into ableton arrangement or even just as a WAV

5. event recorder can be played back and recorded added motions on top.

6. 8 bar sequence (not a huge deal for me but could be cool)

7. some sort of arpeggiator

8. customizable shift+pad menu shortcuts

9. gate arp for individual parts.

10. have the last step for overall 64 steps rather than 16 and going through the 4 patterns. (but also have the other options)

i'll think of more later Smile
Malfunkt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jericho's post. I like your wish list.

regarding 4. Notes, Reverb Tails, etc. carrying over from previous patterns - I can see the challenge here, it seems that the master fx may be separate DSP - I here they don't get rendered as audio when exporting to Ableton. So if they are discreet I can see the challenge here.

Here are mine (correct me if I'm mistaken about these):

- why isn't there an UNDO function? seems like a huge oversight. It is really inefficient using various workarounds (stop the pattern, and switching off and back or using the part erase).

- RECORD OVERWRITE - a good alternative to overdub, and may even mitigate require an undo function.

- TRANSPOSE - part/pattern

- SHIFT - part/pattern

- COPY/PASTE NOTE -

- COPY PART to PATTERN

- COPY PART to PATTERN SECTION (ie. copy the first bar to the the third bar)

- 4 bars (8 would be a plus) an higher step resolution.

- some form of pattern locks ala Elektron instruments.

- Song or performance record allowing export of individual tracks and an effect send track.

- more modulation options/routing for the oscs

- and since this is a wish list, here is something that will likely never be implemented, but individual part lengths and time signatures.

- lastly, i have noticed some clicks and pops but have been able to get around them by adjust delay lengths and switching poly/mono modes.

Anyhow, super happy with the Electribe 2. Faster workflow improvements is top for me. I love the sound of the Electribe, and it is far more than a preset box. The sound quality is very good and overall the unit is very playable. Already, I see the Electribe as an instrument unto itself.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Pattern change glitches fixed.
- Clicking fixed.
- Event recorder fixed.
- Step record.
- Entering notes with the pads in step edit.
- A real arpeggiator.
- 8 or more bars.
- Being able to copy/paste parts/bars around the whole machine.
- Code optimisation for the platform to allow maximum polyphony for example.
- Open sourcing the whole thing.

And of course fixing all the small and silly bugs such as pad leds not turning off in sequence mode when you clear the sequence.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keytracking for filter
    Revoice filters so they don't attenuate signal, balance self-oscillation volume
    Glide mode for legato/ties only
    Accent mode for 303-style amp and filter accents
    Revoice effects like tape delay so it has more modeling and feedback
    2nd parameter for insert effects so things like distortion are usable
    Fix MIDI effects so they don't scramble the sync
    Audio In mode that goes through master but not synth engine
    Add graphics to the display to represent waveforms, envelopes, etc.
    Full ADSR through menu

roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Fix glitch/click sound of poly mode and pcm sounds when re-triggering notes

*Step Rec mode

*8 bars

*transpose function

*2nd edit for insert fx

*filter improvements (tracking, better high resonance, etc)

*improved step jump - flux mode or sequence light display

*AND A BETTER DISPLAY
- notice that the display always reverts back to the pattern name all too quickly. completely unnecessary. And yet notice on the bottom of the screen you get the information on the knob you're editing. It would be great if there was some shortcut or it auto switched to the parameter you're currently tweaking. Sometimes you want to see the value before changing it, and the only way to do so is by pressing the left/right buttons until you reach that parameter. (ie. you're on OSC EDIT and you want to see the LEVEL value....you'll need to press the buttons quite a bit to get to the desired parameter). If there was a shortcut for this, that would be awesome.
whormongr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what I would like that I never see anyone mention - I would like to be able to tie 2 voices to 1 pad's seq/control -
say you have 1&2 - allow the pad for 1 or 2 to control voice for 1 & 2 - so that you can use 2 slots to make a 2 osc (or 4 if doubled) synth - at the cost of 1 pad/voice. mostly I would like it for live play and/or drum creations (so you can have a noise + sine/saw/sq)
jericho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfunkt wrote:
I agree with Jericho's post. I like your wish list.

regarding 4. Notes, Reverb Tails, etc. carrying over from previous patterns - I can see the challenge here, it seems that the master fx may be separate DSP - I here they don't get rendered as audio when exporting to Ableton. So if they are discreet I can see the challenge here.

Here are mine (correct me if I'm mistaken about these):

- why isn't there an UNDO function? seems like a huge oversight. It is really inefficient using various workarounds (stop the pattern, and switching off and back or using the part erase).

- RECORD OVERWRITE - a good alternative to overdub, and may even mitigate require an undo function.

- TRANSPOSE - part/pattern

- SHIFT - part/pattern

- COPY/PASTE NOTE -

- COPY PART to PATTERN

- COPY PART to PATTERN SECTION (ie. copy the first bar to the the third bar)

- 4 bars (8 would be a plus) an higher step resolution.

- some form of pattern locks ala Elektron instruments.

- Song or performance record allowing export of individual tracks and an effect send track.

- more modulation options/routing for the oscs

- and since this is a wish list, here is something that will likely never be implemented, but individual part lengths and time signatures.

- lastly, i have noticed some clicks and pops but have been able to get around them by adjust delay lengths and switching poly/mono modes.

Anyhow, super happy with the Electribe 2. Faster workflow improvements is top for me. I love the sound of the Electribe, and it is far more than a preset box. The sound quality is very good and overall the unit is very playable. Already, I see the Electribe as an instrument unto itself.

UNDO!! I totally forgot to mention that. It is a pain to have to hold down the part erase pad for the duration of the sequence every time I play a wrong note (maybe I should play better), but also sometimes I move envelope settings and forgot to turn amp eg on or am touching a lot of controls and screw the sound up completely. It would be great to backpeddle.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undo is basically backing out of the pattern,. The trick is to learn to WRITE when you really need to.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANother small thing that could be added: COPY SEQUENCE. It'd be extremely helpful with the workflow if you could copy this just like you could the entire part or the part sound. This would allow you to create layered parts easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! an undo button is a must that really needs to be a standard button in everything digital that gets created! dunno how easy/hard that would be though....

here's a request that im not even sure if it exists already or not..... or even if it's possible or not:

Let's say you want part 1 to control a synth and then you want the audio of said synth to go back into your electribe, i'm assuming you would need to assign part 2 to audio in meaning to get an external synth you have to sacrifice 2 parts....

am i right on this? if yes then i would like to have the same part send midi out to a synth and accept audio in of the synth.... if that can already happen then disregard.
Malfunkt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Undo is basically backing out of the pattern,. The trick is to learn to WRITE when you really need to.

Right now, you can stop your pattern, then turn a knob to switch to an adjacent pattern, but it would be much faster having an Undo shortcut.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally don't think an electribe needs an undo button due to the nature of its workflow (this current one along with the older models), but that's just my opinion here.

@256K,
Yes, you can have the same part and midi channel assigned to an external synth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay after a bunch more hours of working on the e2 i DEFINITELY want to have the trigger button both temporary by holding it down, and locked by double tapping the button (like with part mute/solo)..... having to hit trigger while in part mute and back to part mute is annoying and really messes up timing verses
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
i personally don't think an electribe needs an undo button due to the nature of its workflow (this current one along with the older models), but that's just my opinion here.

Yeah, it's crazy cause Gadget drives me batshit that it doesn't have undo, mainly because the touch sensitive of the iPad doesn't always do what I want. On the electribe I haven't thought of it once yet. can't hurt though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: