Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish list for next firmware update for Electribe 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isakeit

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: display are-design Reply with quote

Thanks for the reactions on the new design so far, glad you like it.

roblabs made me realise that this other thread here is the correct one to further discuss any screen improvements.
So I double-posted it there.

Please have a look if you have any ideas or comments.
Thank you
sonicbaz

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm working on a live performance act biggest request is that my current part selection is saved with the pattern / preset and is recalled. I find this a really big deal as I have to change pattern then change part number which I think is a high risk operation. It also means remembering which part has what instrument.

Edit - oh and change purple pad colour to green.

Edit 2 - also need to store state of mode ie if you were on mute, trigger, keyboard etc!
TonvaterJan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it´s christmas soon, my biggest item on the wishlist would be:

1. Groove Type TRIPLET (16th,8th,4th)

That way, you wouldn´t be dependent of the global Beat Setting and could use Triplets, whenever you need to.

2. Send the Part´s Motion Sequences as Standard Midi CCs
(for example Volume CC#7, Filter Cutoff CC#74 etc.)
Not much processing power, but a wonderful way to control external gear
very intuitively.

Please please Japanese Santa, we´ve been very good this year...
djas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaller characters and more information in one page on the display for faster live performance.
pgnnwy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if these have been raised already, but my main wishes after a few weeks with the ES2 are:

Lock Bar - Eg: you have 4 bars in a pattern but can loop just one of them and then jump between them by using shift + bar number (but there seems to be quite a lot of competition for use of this key combo!). Great for fills and on the fly composition within a single pattern. The Mute scenes idea above would also be a good way of achieving something similar, but both would have different benefits.

Preserve mutes between scenes - would be great to have the option to carry over your mute selections to the next pattern. This could be a global change or ideally, per pattern (carry mutes to next selected pattern)
NON

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Songs: The ability to put together the sequences into songs
2 - Internal/MIDI: The ability to select whether track to be played internally or that you can assign the track directly to MIDI
3 - 8 bar sequences.
Smile
Phosphor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automageddon wrote:
I just want a melodic step-sequencer, in sequencer mode I want to be able to enter notes or chords!

the ability to select a note for/in sequencer mode

for example:

a) by holding touch pad and set a note in sequencer mode

b) in keyboard mode by pressing shift + a note to select,
    double pressing keyboard mode resets to c-4

sl23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chapterhaus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
All of the above! But, considering korg NEVER actually look at this forum NONE of it will be added to the firmware! Lol

Bingo!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Here's one that is desperately needed. 'Hold' feature on gate arm mode, sorta like what you get with the Kaossilator Pro. It would be so awesome to have, especially when making beats on the fly.

And this can not be stated enough; "FIX THE TRACK PAD!!!!!!!!"

Yes, what ever you guys at Korg did to the track pad, you all made it worse! I am so glad I only updated the sampler and not my E2. The track pad was fine, actually PERFECT after the timing was fixed on the July update. I mean did anyone ask you guys to touch the Trackpad after the July update? !!NO!!

Nobody here asked you guys to do anything with the track pad after the July update. We we're happy that you fixed the timing issue on this feature. The track pad worked exactly like a Kaossilator Pro as it should. But because you lunkheads thought it best that we can't revert to an older update, those of us who took a chance on your update, well, we're stuck (read F$*KED)!

Sorry guy's I have been pissed off about the last update. This is the one feature on the ES2 I value the most. Glad I didn't screw up my E2.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
4ppleseed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm happy with most of the features with the ESX2. It could really do with more internal memory but fine, whatevs.

The absolute show stopper for me personally is not being able to audition samples off the SD card before loading them into memory. This is my first Korg hardware and you all seem pretty bummed out by how poorly their devices are supported these days.

Is there's less than a 90% chance the audition from SD card feature will be implemented over the next few months? Maybe one of you can confirm that its actually technically impossible or something?

I'm about 4 weeks away from selling the device and finding something else. Such a shame. We could have been so good together Korg.
researchintospeed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh on the E2 boat after my MachineDrum died, so my requests are based around things I love about the MD!

1. Improved mute mode. Something like... hold down shift and select part mute, while still holding shift, then select parts to mute/un-mute. When you let go of shift, the changes happen. That way you can have ANY combo of mutes and un-mutes at any time.

2. Proper MIDI implementation. Wow, the step edit functions are really limited and clunky! No CC, No useable Program Change!

2a. Add a MIDI out option to the oscillator list, and allow them to be freely assignable MIDI channel wise.

2b. The gate length/tie parameter frustrates me endlessly, how about the gate length goes from 0 but adds in steps and bars... the tie thing and I disagree on a few things...maybe its me, maybe its you...

3. Attack and Decay/Release as modulation destinations. Great way to add subtle (or not) variation to sounds.

The mute system would make it for me, 4 bars is fine if I can move really freely about the parts when playing live. Certainly the mute system has had plenty of mentions in this thread...

All the best.

Craig
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation

Please post ideas for fixes/changes/additions here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=688611#688611

Exclamation
jpeg

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest wish is to have the ability to turn off not quantise and also freely assignable mute groups (alternate pads not restricted to 13/14 & 15/16)

and also better sample management; like I want to be able to plug my electribe to my computer and drag and drop samples in. to the any memory slot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: