Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish list for next firmware update for Electribe 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discore wrote:
Re-Member wrote:
stlkr wrote:
wish I could put certain sounds in 1/32 not only 1/16 sigh

You can. On page 3 of the Parameter Guide, it shows you how to change the pattern resolution. It's referred to as "BEAT" in the menus:

BEAT: [16, 32, 8Tri, 16Tri]
Specifies the beat (time signature) of the pattern.

TIP: If this is set to 8Tri or 16Tri, trigger pads 13–16 of the Step
Jump function are assigned to steps 1–4 of the next measure

Question on that:
If I set my beat to a 32 resolution, will I be able to set 32 steps per bar? How is this managed in the step sequencer? Is this usable as pseudo 8 bars?

I've been having a look at this. I'm not sure what the point of this is. Set the resolution to 32 and the bars to 4 and you get 4 bars at twice the speed. So halve the speed you get a 4 bar pattern in 1/16 notes, at normal speed you get the equivalent of a 2 bar pattern at 1/32 notes. It's certainly not something that helps with the pseudo 8 bar idea. Half the speed at twice the resolution and you still get 4 bars.
Maybe someone else has a better idea of the point behind it, aside from giving you the chance to do 1/32 notes at the expense of 2 bars.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get up to 64 steps per part, per pattern.

No matter how you slice it, 64 steps is your ceiling.

Tempo and number of bars are just different ways of thinking about those 64 steps.

You can have 32nd notes, but you only get 2 bars. The result sounds the same as a 4-bar pattern running at double speed. It's semantics, but at least the metronome does not run at double-time. That's about the only reason to choose it. It's basically a useless distinction.

If you need 8 bars for very simple stuff, you can run at half tempo - which caps you at pseudo eighth-notes - the metronome runs at half speed because this is a workaround.

Tempo/Bar Number/Beat is like resolution/size when discussing graphics. You can have a huge low-res JPG, or a tiny high-res JPG - either way it's the same number of pixels.
Discore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:

I've been having a look at this. I'm not sure what the point of this is. Set the resolution to 32 and the bars to 4 and you get 4 bars at twice the speed. So halve the speed you get a 4 bar pattern in 1/16 notes, at normal speed you get the equivalent of a 2 bar pattern at 1/32 notes. It's certainly not something that helps with the pseudo 8 bar idea. Half the speed at twice the resolution and you still get 4 bars.
Maybe someone else has a better idea of the point behind it, aside from giving you the chance to do 1/32 notes at the expense of 2 bars.

Well that's unfortunate. So if I want a 1/32 resolution I can't get longer than 2 bars, am i right? Doesn't even make sense because I could just set a 4 bar pattern and double the speed... bummer.
Discore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
You get up to 64 steps per part, per pattern.

No matter how you slice it, 64 steps is your ceiling.

Tempo and number of bars are just different ways of thinking about those 64 steps.

You can have 32nd notes, but you only get 2 bars. The result sounds the same as a 4-bar pattern running at double speed. It's semantics, but at least the metronome does not run at double-time. That's about the only reason to choose it. It's basically a useless distinction.

If you need 8 bars for very simple stuff, you can run at half tempo - which caps you at pseudo eighth-notes - the metronome runs at half speed because this is a workaround.

Tempo/Bar Number/Beat is like resolution/size when discussing graphics. You can have a huge low-res JPG, or a tiny high-res JPG - either way it's the same number of pixels.

Yeah that clears it up, thanks. But that doesn't make sense to me, except the metronome changes its speed. Is this the case?
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the metronome is about the only thing that actually changes in 32nd note mode. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I don't mind the 4-bar thing, it's just a UI concept. Beat resolution is where the action is.

I wish that Korg delivered 4 bars along with your choice of note resolution up to 64ths. Then you've got up to 256 steps. That would be 4 bars of high res notes. Or 16 bars of 16th notes. Chop that up and think about it however you want - that's a nice sequencer.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it could be helpful is sending the cv sync out, but that already has the option to double it so a 60bpm pattern is synced at 120 by the click.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Yeah, the metronome is about the only thing that actually changes in 32nd note mode. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I don't mind the 4-bar thing, it's just a UI concept. Beat resolution is where the action is.

I wish that Korg delivered 4 bars along with your choice of note resolution up to 64ths. Then you've got up to 256 steps. That would be 4 bars of high res notes. Or 16 bars of 16th notes. Chop that up and think about it however you want - that's a nice sequencer.

i was surprised they didn't put in the Flux mode like on the Volca Keys.

bingkingbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think all you guys already have developed the best wishlist for E2 here, hope Korg can make it! And i just wanna add one more in the list, it is about optimize the workflow and more user friendly.

when we are on the stage, we always want to switch between parts and tweak things fast. <> is too slow, so we use Trigger(hold)+parts pad to change, but the problem is if u switching parts like this, u will stay in Trigger mode only, we have to keep switching mode bk...

eg1: performing live in Part Mute mode, if Trigger(hold)+pad wanna switch to synth bass and tweak filter, u will endup in the trigger mode, need to go bk Part Mute mode everytime u switch.

eg2: playing uni-saw in keyboard mode with the seq, Trigger(hold)+pad to switch another instrument part, again you cant play the keys now cos we are in trigger mode.

idk, this like a bug for me......
it can fix by "momentary hold trigger" and then+pad(the part you wanna change to), make it won't change your current mode.

i think it is important to keep us in current mode when playing e2.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small thing, but very annoying and probably easy to fix:

When you enter new characters to save your pattern name, the cycle for each letter begins with marks and numbers, it would be better if it just started with „A”. Which creates an extra mile for text entry that already is not easy.

Also it should loop endlessly, so for example you start with the letter A, turn the data dial left and then you start accessing marks and numbers that are after the latin alfabet.
stlkr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no way to have arp going up or down?
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlkr wrote:
there's no way to have arp going up or down?

It's not really an arpeggiator. It's more like a gate pattern trigger.
Hope the next update includes the EMX's real arp behavior.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Small thing, but very annoying and probably easy to fix:

When you enter new characters to save your pattern name, the cycle for each letter begins with marks and numbers, it would be better if it just started with „A”. Which creates an extra mile for text entry that already is not easy.

Also it should loop endlessly, so for example you start with the letter A, turn the data dial left and then you start accessing marks and numbers that are after the latin alfabet.

Here here. This aspect needs a coat of looking at.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:

1. addition of an effects trail like on KP3 (this should solve click issues)
2. a way to copy parts to any pattern, not just with in the same pattern
3. the option toggle pads in jump step mode from latch to momentary
4. a shift command to hit shift+record to activate motion sequence

I just thought of another want / need to my list. I think it already has been pointed out but since I feel it is much needed consider this a +1

5. a user sound bank selection. The ability to save a "part" as a "sound" to recall for later use. It is just data right? If this action takes too much memory then it has to be stored on the SD. Simple!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
markxl1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as above and more samples!
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one that could be very helpful:

An update so that holding Shift+Part Erase erases EVERYTHING, not just the pad you hold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: