Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish list for next firmware update for Electribe 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaartenNl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, im new on this forum, had red and followed this forum since the first rumours about the new electribes appeared.
I got my electribe 2 since december and i came on a new suggestion. Not sure if Someone already mentioned this but a masterfx lock would by very handy.
Cause now i need to program the mfx all the same for each pattern, but if you are able to lock it, like the bpm you can change it really on the fly to make smooth transitions.
bladuck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discore wrote:

Yeah that clears it up, thanks. But that doesn't make sense to me, except the metronome changes its speed. Is this the case?

Also the beat affect the IFX delays... so the 1/8 delay becomes 1/4 delay when on beat=32 or vice versa Smile
matterhorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whormongr wrote:
you know what I would like that I never see anyone mention - I would like to be able to tie 2 voices to 1 pad's seq/control -
say you have 1&2 - allow the pad for 1 or 2 to control voice for 1 & 2 - so that you can use 2 slots to make a 2 osc (or 4 if doubled) synth - at the cost of 1 pad/voice. mostly I would like it for live play and/or drum creations (so you can have a noise + sine/saw/sq)

this was my first thought with my electribe for an arp function(think mono/poly arp). have part 5 be a master MIDI control for parts 1-4(part 13 controls 9-12). on part 5, the arp mode(up,down, ud,rand,etc) could be selected as the osc voice. pitch would control arp speed,edit would control gate. then each subordinate voice wold have its own usual osc, filter, amp settings on their respective channels. the notes would cycle through the voices like on a monopoly. then the knobs/midi on part 5 would be a scaled/relative master controller for the subparts. if the hardware/software allows potential midi routing between parts, the implementation isn't that hard as each part is already its own channel. all it would have to do is basic channel remapping. would probably require mem card and be saved as event recorder.
FranzK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: MORE EFX Params, etc. SAMPLE REVERSE and COLOR LIGHTS! etc. Reply with quote

I am very pleased with my new ELECTRIBE 2! But it's very different from the EMX, you will want to take time to learn this machine, and structure your Patterns appropriately to it's architecture.

Reviews, Etc.
http://youtu.be/pOT7a9TDvXY

More Feature Requests ( in addition to those listed ) -

Save without making an audible beat glitch. EMX could do it.

I'd like the option to use to color lights on battery power if I want! Let's remind people I'm not using just an iPad! ( Right now, they only work when the unit is plugged in. BTW - you CAN plug the machine into the wall without disrupting it if you are running low on battery. )
Has anyone figured out what makes the colors change yet? ; - )
It _might_ be the amount of voices used - red is near max.

I miss the "sample reverse" button on the ESX - how about here? Maybe shift+"Amp/Eg"
Also, changing sample start time - it does matter. Shift+Attack knob?

I also used the Roll / Flam button a lot, and it's especially useful for things like the popular "Trap" style. ( In the presets, they do it by running the seq. double tempo ) Why was that deleted? It's a shame to have to use an "effect" just to get it.

We need more Effect numbers - there are things you could dial up on the EMX that aren't available here. ( Also, as said, it'd be great to use shift to get access to a second editable param, as we had on EMX )

Note that there are no "turntable scratch" samples? Some of those could be handy.

This links to firmware 1.03, near bottom of the page:
http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/electribe/page_1.php
There is a danger of "bricking"? I won't do it 'till after my next gig.

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey VJ,

You can use the Roller FX for a roll/flam function.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: MORE EFX Params, etc. SAMPLE REVERSE and COLOR LIGHTS! Reply with quote

FranzK wrote:

I think it's frequency driven, green seems to be bass, blue mids and red for highs. At least on my machine, though 95% of the time they seem to be green no matter what. Smile
Frenzies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: MORE EFX Params, etc. SAMPLE REVERSE and COLOR LIGHTS! Reply with quote

FranzK wrote:
I am very pleased with my new ELECTRIBE 2! But it's very different from the EMX, you will want to take time to learn this machine, and structure your Patterns appropriately to it's architecture.

Reviews, Etc.
http://youtu.be/pOT7a9TDvXY

More Feature Requests ( in addition to those listed ) -

Save without making an audible beat glitch. EMX could do it.

I'd like the option to use to color lights on battery power if I want! Let's remind people I'm not using just an iPad! ( Right now, they only work when the unit is plugged in. BTW - you CAN plug the machine into the wall without disrupting it if you are running low on battery. )

I miss the "sample reverse" button on the ESX - how about here? Maybe shift+"Amp/Eg"
Also, changing sample start time - it does matter. Shift+Attack knob?

I also used the Roll / Flam button a lot, and it's especially useful for things like the popular "Trap" style. ( In the presets, they do it by running the seq. double tempo ) Why was that deleted? It's a shame to have to use an "effect" just to get it.

We need more Effect numbers - there are things you could dial up on the EMX that aren't available here. ( Also, as said, it'd be great to use shift to get access to a second editable param, as we had on EMX )

Note that there are no "turntable scratch" samples? Some of those could be handy.

This links to firmware 1.03, near bottom of the page:
http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/electribe/page_1.php
There is a danger of "bricking"? I won't do it 'till after my next gig.

i don't think there are any downsides to 1.03, everything seems fine on it.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
FranzK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: X - Y ( KAOSS ) PAD - MORE SETTINGS, PLEASE! QUANTIZATONetc Reply with quote

In arpeggio mode, the Kaoss pad quantizes the notes if you set it to - BUT it doesn't do that for the first note! Which leads things to sound "off beat" if your timing is not perfect. ( On the EMX, this doesn't happen - the "Kaoss Ribbon" is quantized from the very first press. ) I would like to toggle this behavior.

( It would also be good to be able to set the Trigger mode to quantize the pads. MPC Machines use the "Roll" button to do this, and on the best ones, you can change the roll speed by a setting, or even pad pressure! )

It would be great to be able to assign the X-Y pad to do different things and save that with each Pattern - like:
X = pitch, Y = filter cutoff
X = which part triggered, Y = note length ( from 64ths to whole notes )
X = LFO depth, Y = speed, or any parameter! Why not?

The "Step Jump" mode is cool, and can be good if you practice!
Also, on the Volca keys and Monotribe, you can switch "active steps" on and off. It'd be cool to do that here...

roblabs wrote:
Hey VJ,

You can use the Roller FX for a roll/flam function.

I know ^ that, but it uses up the 1 effect for that part, for a function that should be part of the sequencer. ; - ) All Electribes ( after the first 2 ) have had a "roll" function, it's really part of my programing style by now.

One Master Effect isn't enough for my taste either, but I'm probably going to start playing with an outboard Kaoss pad also.

www.youtube.com/vjfranzk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new wish for the new OS... this might have been said before i didnt check but here it goes:

I want to have an added control over bar length...not just have 1 up to 4 like it is now (or have independent bar lengths per part like it was mentioned here before)

I want to be able to select which bar to play as well.. let's say i make a 4 bar bass loop and i want to start with 1 bar but then i want it to go loop just the second bar....
MaartenNl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaartenNl wrote:

I got my electribe 2 since december and i came on a new suggestion. Not sure if Someone already mentioned this but a masterfx lock would by very handy.
Cause now i need to program the mfx all the same for each pattern, but if you are able to lock it, like the bpm you can change it really on the fly to make smooth transitions.

I think nobody red my sugestion, but you can be much more creative, because now, for a decent mix (live set) i have set set for example the MFX to Low Pass on all the tracks. If i want to use wet reverb, it is impossible, because your next track still has lowpass, and the reverb Will be cut off when going to next track.

I think it isnt hard for Korg to implement this in next firmware? (Technically speaking: if bpm locking is possible, would mfx lock not also be possible)
(Sorry for capitals and stuff, iTS autocorrect and english is not my native language(
FranzK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably I'll do a YouTube video with Electribe 2, EMX and a wish list. ; - )
Hopefully some of our wishes will be granted in time for Electribe 2 Sampler!

A master "FX lock" could be useful for sets where you're transitioning between patterns.

It's probably not possible to have the reverb trail into a track where reverb is not the master effect, because the processor must switch over to doing something else. ( Unless they recode it to keep the previous master effect running until it fades out? Which means running two master FX at once. )

Starting to miss the dedicated delay on gen. 1 Electribes? ; - ) I do. It was also cool to "stack" 3 FX on the Gen 2's.

MaartenNl wrote:

www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
meggul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) export performance recording to wav stems
2) fix the pops and clicks
3) fix phantom notes (I get parts sounding when I am unmuting them on measures where I have not sequenced them to sound)
4) let me turn off the disco lights
5) allow full mix to headphones and selected parts to audio out
meggul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6) as suggested by bingkinbo 'momentary hold trigger' to select part without sounding it.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggul wrote:
6) as suggested by bingkinbo 'momentary hold trigger' to select part without sounding it.

Select a pad whilst holding down trigger, keyboard or chord will select that part without sounding it. It works with other function buttons too but those 3 ensure you don't accidentally mute or erase something.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
meggul wrote:

Select a pad whilst holding down trigger, keyboard or chord will select that part without sounding it. It works with other function buttons too but those 3 ensure you don't accidentally mute or erase something.

wt i suggested is momentary hold trigger to select part "without changing the current mode", because everytime we select part with trigger, it will change our mode(keyboard,chord,part mute..etc) to trigger mode, this is stupid and not user friendly, because we have to change it bk to keyboard mode if we just want to switch instrument and play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: