Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Structure of .E2PAT files
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanadu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electribe2 Pattern Editor v. 010 is posted as a a work in progress to MaxForLive.com.

URL:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/2816/electribe2-pattern-editor

The Electribe2 Pattern Editor can be used to bring patches (parts) and sequences of various Electribe2 patterns together in new patterns. In future versions editing of global parameters, part settings and sequences will also be possible.

At the moment there is only a MaxForLive version.

Version 010: First release. Loading and saving of E2PAT files works, loading and saving of parts and sequences is also possible. This is the minimum functionality to let this editor work as a librarian.

The working is simple. First you have to drop an E2Pat file (exported form the electribe2). You can select a current part by clicking on it’s name. Then it is possible to save the current part and sequence or a combination of them to disc. This way you can create a library of patches (parts) and sequences.

To create a new pattern you have to load a basic .E2PAT file. Select a current part and drop parts and sequences from you library. Then you save the new .E2PAT fale and import is into you Electribe2.

Of course the Electribe2 Pattern Editor is freeware. All sources are included.

Please feel free to comment on this and make suggestions for improvement.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive.

Though I have these errors at startup, and the "no function read_e2pat" log when dragging an e2pat to the UI.

Bear in mind that I'm totally new to this, so there must be something wrong with my setup.

Very Happy
Xanadu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Javascript files are not loaded. Tonight I will take a look.
Because789

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you just forgot to to freeze the device before you released it.

Looks like an awesome work, looking forward to test it!
Harryfox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great thread. I have absolutely no idea how any of the programming works though. Are there any good resources that a complete nOOb like myself can go to to get my head around this and start learning some code? Which code would be good for me to start learning? Smile
_INTER_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the EMX1 file description. Perhabs it helps you figuering out the motion part, if it's anything similar. Bernd Peuser did this by analyzing a default pattern file, changing some parameters, save it and have a look what changed.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/56k3cqox3jzverl/EMX_File_description.txt
Xanadu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I forgot to freeze version 010 of the Electribe2 Pattern Editor. Sorry for that.

I've upgradced it to version 012 now and made sure it was frozen, which means all support files are in place.

It's possible now to edit the Global Parameters as well as the Part Parameters.

Poumtschak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanadu wrote:
It's possible now to edit the Global Parameters as well as the Part Parameters.

Well, I think you've nailed it. Shocked

Next thing we need is a standalone one, that communicates with the electribe2 through MIDI (regular or USB), and can access the SDCard while the unit is running, just like your average smartphone.
MrJoshua

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is brilliant work!!

Josh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So first let me tell you that this is amazing i just opened it up with one of the default patterns and i was blown away by the depth of parameter tweaking! I'm definitely going to go through the default patterns, write down my favorite sounds and extract them using your m4l app! thank you so much for this!

Second, i wonder how hard it would be to create some sort of emulator of the electribe at this point so you could basically work on patterns and parts on the computer with sound on so you cna hear your tweaks and then save then and put them in the electribe....

mostly saying this because i'd like to f*ck around with the electribe while im at work but.... it's work so i can't have my electribe on the desk, but i can sneak in a lil ableton ak-shee-own

again thanks so much Very Happy
Xanadu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, thanks for your positive remarks!

Quote:
Next thing we need is a standalone one

Pardon me, but I think this is the second thing, first is a rudimental sequence editor. I'm thinking of an interface like the one for Ableton clips. It will take a few days of spare time to come up with this.

To release a stand alone verson I have to get a little deeper into Max itself.

BTW is there someone around with an Apple version af MAX 6 to produce a stand alone version for Apple computers?

Quote:
i wonder how hard it would be to create some sort of emulator of the electribe at this point

The electribe is founded on some very sofisticated code that took KORG years to develop. I think it's impossible to write the oscilators, the filter, the ADR envelope, the modulator and the effects from scratch with exactly the same sound. I would like KORG to come up with a VST emulator like they did with the MS20, but I think they are more focussed on iPad apps these days.

But there is another possibility. I think it will be possible to play a part on the Electribe from the editor. You can tweak the dials live and play the sequence while it's being edited. This is a future goal in this project.

Quote:
and can access the SDCard while the unit is running, just like your average smartphone

That sure would save a lot of fiddling around with SD-cards. But I'm afraid it's technically impossible. When I connect my electribe using USB the SD-card does not show up as a new discdrive. KORG listening?

Quote:
Sysex manual is on the way - was due at the end of Jan so hopefully not much longer...

I hope this statement of leehu is correct. If KORG did a good job on SysEx interfacing that could really offer some great opportunities.

Cheers,

Willem, aka Xanadu.
Xanadu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Electribe2 Pattern Editor has been updated to version 015.

It has a sequence editor now and a grid for 8 drum tracks. So all basic functionallity is in place now.

URL:
Xanadu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a stand alone version of the Electribe2-Pattern-Editor included in the new updated version 016 now too. As far as I know this will only work for Windows. It needs at least the free Cycling '74 MAX 6 runtime installed. Of course the full program will also work. MAX 7 will work, but it has some issues with the user interface.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Xanadu, thanks for this!!

But this only works with the full version of Ableton, correct? Not the lite version that comes free with the electribe?
Xanadu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roblabs,

You are right. Maxforlive is an add-on for the full version of Ableton Live.

But if you're on Windows you can use the stand alone version with the free MAX 6 runtime.

I'm sorry if this does not work for you.

Cheers,

Xanadu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: