Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinions needed closer to new gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume your programming the tempest sound in AL1? Have your tried the multifilter? I seem to remember Dan saying it was useful for the analog sound.

Funny about the A4, I really like what I hear but what is it you didn't care for? Sadly I doubt I will find one anywhere around me but I can get a good return policy from a couple places should I go that route and not like it. I have read it is troublesome to learn but I figured since the Kronos was my first ever board I could struggle through it. Thanks for the heads up I will do more research and see if I can find one to try.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle have you updated the Sub37 to the latest firmware? If so how do you like it? I was watching the pre name demo and it looks quite useful.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Bald Eagle have you updated the Sub37 to the latest firmware? If so how do you like it? I was watching the pre name demo and it looks quite useful.

I have not yet updated to version 1.1 which was shown at NAMM. It's still in beta test and I skipped the beta this time around. I'm really looking forward to the sequencer update. That is going to be awesome. The ability to set mod destinations by moving a control will also be very useful.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed that did look like a lot of fun but the last bit he showed was very cool as well the sudo phrase sequencer bit. Thanks for your time. I am not sure I will have the sub37 this time around but by the end of the year for sure. I really wanted something that still sounded good but was more portable that sub is 22 lbs. With my tools and bags it would be another chunk to have to haul around. Which is how I stumbled on the analog keys but it seems to have a more love it or hate it reputation. I like what I hear and I perceive a lot of versatility but I don't know where I would fall, in the love it or hate camp.

Didn't you have an OP1? Is it very versatile I kind of ruled it out because it seemed over priced for what it did but it certainly is portable.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents thank you so much for your perspectives! I did go the Electron route. i hope I love it I can return for a short it if needed but for the current list of wants it was the closest fit. I am certain the sub 37 will be next at some point. I do have some gear to buy and as to the pro2 I am still undecided. uBut I think I got a good deal. Analog Keys and Behringer DT880 pro 1790 out the door. US$ I am happy and so busy at the moment the wait should not be an issue. Thanks again! I appreciate your time. Bertotti

Simple note, if you don't want to spend a fortune for a pair of headphones for your wife don't leave your good headphones out where she can use them while your gone! She fell in love with the DT's. I left mine out. Very Happy
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I assume your programming the tempest sound in AL1? Have your tried the multifilter? I seem to remember Dan saying it was useful for the analog sound.

Funny about the A4, I really like what I hear but what is it you didn't care for? Sadly I doubt I will find one anywhere around me but I can get a good return policy from a couple places should I go that route and not like it. I have read it is troublesome to learn but I figured since the Kronos was my first ever board I could struggle through it. Thanks for the heads up I will do more research and see if I can find one to try.

Sorry missed this post.

I Just tried the multi filter, in the standard 12db lowpass mode it sounds exactly the same to me, may be my cloth ears though!

I try to like the A4 (I have the desktop), every so often I start it up and think lets give it another go but something inside me snaps and I start getting annoyed.

I'm not sure what it is, I am used to the strange Elektron way of doing things and I love my MonoMachine (a very underrated synth) but something about the A4 rubs me up the wrong way.

Lots of people love them though so I am interested in how you get on with yours.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had some more flaffing around and actually using two 12db filters in series actually sounds different to the 24db filter. I will have a play latter if I get some time and see if I can match it closer like this.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! Interesting how your coming along with the programming. One reason I skipped the sub37 this time is I can get analog enough to keep GAS at bay, no it isn't as good as the sub 37 but livable for me currently.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the A keys yet?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope just ordered a few days ago got an email that one item was back ordered. I assume it has something to do with the docks. I had to order a second pair of dt 880 pro. I left mine out and my wife snagged them and loved them so now she wants a set but of course that is the back ordered item. Oh well I am on the road for work pretty solid for the next two weeks so with close to 5k miles in the next two I won't have any time to play. I will take some vacation when it shows up.

I'm already trying to figure out how to get it integrated with maschine and Kronos. I have never really hooked anything together before other then an id or phone to the Kronos or the computer.

I will let you know what I think after I have had it a few days and figure out how to do things on it. Did you order the sub37 yet? Wink
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5K miles, quite a bit of travelling there. I used to have to travel lots for work, I grew to hate it, it did get rid of my fear of flying though.

Nope no sub37 yet, nearly went for a PRS 24 10 top though but sanity prevailed. I'm on a strict no spending at all on instruments budget at the moment until I start making some better money.

I'm gonna try getting the tempest patch onto the A4 today, lets see If I can actually get it in before I rebel....
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 strats a minarick lotus studio and couple martin acoustics which get virtually all my paying time. Once I got the Matin 000-18 ge '37 burst I hardly ever play any other guitar. No guitar gas at all!

I do like those PRS though and that one you describe sounds tasty.

I got an email today saying my order shipped oddly a few hours before I was told all items were back ordered so I am very curious to see what the shipping info says. i won't complain if its early though!
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No guitar gas, I wish I was like that. I'm heading towards 30 of them now. Some would say (and often do) thats far too many. At least when we really run out of money here I can sell them.

I'm glad your order shipped, if you have any difficulty with it when you get it you can post here or PM me with questions. I'm no expert but Elektrons can be a bit daunting at first!

Edit: Just been looking at the Minarik guitars. They make some mad ones!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Yes minarick has some crazy designs, the lotus is probably one of the more subdued models. I actually won it online, just signed up and won. Never had that happen before put me in a good mood for years! Still does when I think about it!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a shipment came in and they got me one shipped and it is here today! I will let you know what I think when I get some hands on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: