Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hard" Keyboard cover?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewVillage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: "Hard" Keyboard cover? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I keep my SP-250 on its stand all the time. I've browsed the web looking for some type of firm or hard keyboard cover for it. The only type I see is the cloth type.

Is there such a thing that I'm looking for on the market?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so.

SKB used to make hard covers (ABS plastic) for small mixers (I had one for a Mackie 1202VLZ some years back) but nothing for larger boards.

You could make something, I suppose, but the soft covers are adequate to protect your keyboard from dust and most small moisture issues.

There've been DIY "stands" posted that let the user fold his keyboard into the wall like a Murphy Bed when not in use. Something like that would minimize dust, spills and the cat jumping on your keys.

How you deal with the cat's feelings, given prevalence of keyboard playing cats on the internet, is up to you. If I were a cat, my Kronos would be just the thing for 2 paw jams.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of something.

The round-top plastic cover for a fender rhodes might do the trick - I don't know if there's anyone making them currently.

Dimensions? You'd have to look that up.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: