Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 still not avaiable?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivander12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Electribe 2 still not avaiable? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I haven't been on the forums for some weeks. Yesterday, I checked thomann and I was like: Shocked . Thomann says, that the electribe 2 is still not avaible.

What is wrong with Korg, did they really delay a major load of tribes for 5 months? I know that some units have been shipped, but I do not understand why the electribe 2 is not avaible yet for everybody. Same counts for ebay (europe) and other online shops.

Imo, Korg's policy is devastating. You cannot relase a product, ship about 1000 units, and then it takes about 2 months from that to get some more units shipped.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that the mixed reception it has recieved has swayed korg to hold on & update it...... Well i can dream at least Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im considering selling it afterall. Perhaps getting a push instead. Keep my s**t laptop based.

Perhaps i just need to praxtice more but the more i use it the more im under the impression that its a very nice toy but nothimg serious for my uses. Je sais pas.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even as it is I find it quite functional and rewarding. I was able to perform with it last week for an event and it worked flawlessly. But bear in mind that this is a full fledged instrument that requires much practice. To each their own, tho.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to see 4 units in boxes at my local dealer - australia.
I am sticking with mine and plodding on. Slow learner but developing respect for filters as i experience what they do. I wont ever perform with it but it's encouraging to hear of people who are.
That would make a great thread - where/what folk played at, set length, whether they ran other gear, did they actually play it like an instrument or just press play while worked other stuff.
More exposure on the achievements would be great. There isnt enough of that.
Surprisingly i just dont worry about the 4 bar limit any more. I feel there's too much more to learn about other stuff on it yet.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 still not avaiable? Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Imo, Korg's policy is devastating. You cannot relase a product, ship about 1000 units, and then it takes about 2 months from that to get some more units shipped.

More like 4000+ so far:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=93839
But I'm puzzled as well by the lack of software support between Korg JP and Korg USA. Updated USB drivers are available only in japanese, there an OS 1.05 on the latest manufactured units and it's not available for early adopters.

Something must have gone terribly wrong at the manufacturing stage to explain such short supplies and lack of support. Or ressources have been reallocated to another project already.

On the other hand, we are a few here to have received a "new old stock" unit while we were expecting a more recent batch, which is even more puzzling.

And today a few more electribe sampler pictures are posted out from nowhere, well from NAMM 2015 allegedly, while there were absolutely no reports about it. NDA anyone?

Maybe all this is deliberate from Korg, and the best is yet to be.
But it is a confusing marketing scheme, to say the least.
Je ne comprends pas non plus. Wink

Last edited by Poumtschak on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Olivander12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so my perception was right and there really are no tribes avaible at the moment. Really strange move from Korg.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just waiting for march to come so we can either be rejoiced with the sample + new OS or basically call their bluff.....
Neon Seizure

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon (US) has them, but I don't know if they ship outside of the US. Pitbull Electronics is their supplier.

Autocorrect kept changing Pitbull to Pitiful above so that may be a bad sign.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you are in the US, Sweetwater.com has plenty of them. I placed my pre-order for the Sampler and I asked about this rumor...to which the answer was; "did you want another one? We got more".

So yeah, running out of Electribe 2 IMO is pure rumor...either that or Korg really likes Sweetwater.

Anyhow, there you go. Get your E2, there is plenty out there!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Olivander12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SMK"]Well if you are in the US, Sweetwater.com has plenty of them. I placed my pre-order for the Sampler and I asked about this rumor...to which the answer was; "did you want another one? We got more".

So yeah, running out of Electribe 2 IMO is pure rumor...either that or Korg really likes Sweetwater.

Anyhow, there you go. Get your E2, there is plenty out there![/quote]
In Europe, things are different. Europe's biggest music store doesn't have any.
circuitghost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all out in Sweden. Can't get them anywhere, except for a few on the second hand market - or at least that was the case most recently.

What we're hearing here is that the Sampler appears in May-June. Which usually means August.

I'm thinking it's like this:
OVER AT KORG
Creative Dude - So we almost screwed this up, this pretty great awesome possibly game changing laser mega product we got. But only almost. We've got enough supporters. Keep'em warm, work on a pretty damn good OS updated and release that with the Sampler. That's our way of saying we're sorry. Just imagine the press release.

Marketing Dude - We're releasing the Sampler tomorrow.

Creative Dude - But it has crash bugs. And only four voice polyphony so far. And looping doesn't work yet.

Marketing Dude - Rough is the new release candidate. We're releasing the Sampler today. Just imagine the press release.

Creative Dude - Your momma released it.

Marketing Dude - Just imagine the press release.
MS-DOS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
SMK wrote:
Well if you are in the US, Sweetwater.com has plenty of them. I placed my pre-order for the Sampler and I asked about this rumor...to which the answer was; "did you want another one? We got more".

correct. no dealer i know in europe stocks them. thomann or otherwise.
this worked for me because i got rid of mine easier.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
SMK wrote:

I think this thread should needs a title change: "No Electribes in Europe or the UK" to correctly reflect what the real issue is.

Puzzling how how there are no more Electribes in European countries. Sorry you guys are going through this.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
"No Electribes in Europe or the UK"

Wasn't aware UK had left Europe, eventually.
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: