Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 more photos about the new electribe sampler in NAMM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Why aren't there any videos about the sampler? Would be great to get some new infos about it.

I don't think it was demo'd at NAMM, and the few people who have them are under press embargo.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Olivander12 wrote:
Why aren't there any videos about the sampler? Would be great to get some new infos about it.

I don't think it was demo'd at NAMM, and the few people who have them are under press embargo.

I thought the devices displayed at NAMM could be accessed by everyone? So there should be at least some kind of feedback online.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everything shown at NAMM is on the main show floor. A lot of companies do private demos in hotel rooms, or closed events to coordinate with other product groups or developers. It's not uncommon to have to sign an NDA for some of the smaller press events where the product being shown won't be available for awhile still.
Neon Seizure

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wondering why there's no manual for it yet. The E2 had a manual at least 2 months before they started shipping...
Olivander12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon Seizure wrote:
I'm still wondering why there's no manual for it yet. The E2 had a manual at least 2 months before they started shipping...

Maybe the relase of the manual and the relase of the actual product happens simultaneously, just like all other cooperations would behave.

Also, what really haunts me is the fact that Korg is a big player, but they behave like a novice. The official product page of the Sampler looks like the unit was available. There even is a button saying "buy now" (http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/electribe_sampler/). Very misleading and unprofessional.
stlkr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
JP said,"no analogue modelling engine or analogue filter modelling" - that does not jive with what Korg says.

I think what he meant is that the synth engine is very simple? Only the basic synth waves. For filters, you get the "electribe" low, high and bandpass filters. (Which I'm sure the sampler version just calls low, high and band.)

That's another weird thing about this generation of electribes. The entire electribe sampler top panel is dedicated to synth controls, just like the synth version, despite how the sampler has much less synthesis.

Which means anything that separates the 2 models is entirely in the menu. There's not a single dedicated control that pertains to sampling.

Maybe it is more of a sample sequencer (like the volca sampler) and less of an super emx.

remember that graphics from the website of E2 are different to how final product looks.
22tape

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh we'll have to wait to see the final specs. If there really is no time-stretching that sort of goes against the whole being a live instrument thing. That'd suck if it doesn't have the synth engine either-- that was one of the things that really got me excited about it. It'd be great to have a basic synth on board for basses and pads.

And that's a huge loss if it doesn't have waveform editing. Does it at the very least do threshold recording then? Has resampling been confirmed at all? But again, we'll have to wait and see. Either way for me, the sampling/groovebox/workstation concept is devolving. Sucks. Kinda strange if I have to look to gear from around 2003 to get what I want-- mc-909/808.
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

22tape wrote:
Yeh we'll have to wait to see the final specs. If there really is no time-stretching that sort of goes against the whole being a live instrument thing. That'd suck if it doesn't have the synth engine either-- that was one of the things that really got me excited about it. It'd be great to have a basic synth on board for basses and pads.

And that's a huge loss if it doesn't have waveform editing. Does it at the very least do threshold recording then? Has resampling been confirmed at all? But again, we'll have to wait and see. Either way for me, the sampling/groovebox/workstation concept is devolving. Sucks. Kinda strange if I have to look to gear from around 2003 to get what I want-- mc-909/808.

sigh, check out that fb post, James and Syuhei Yamada‎ already confirmed there is no time stretch...so sad Sad

(James Pullen: "No time stretch. No waveform display, no analogue modelling engine or analogue filter modelling. It's basically a highly customisable rompler/sequencer/pro-fx tool that can be made to sound like a finished piece of music quite easily and taken on the road. The e2 synth feels like more of a studio tool in-use compared to e2s.")
22tape

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yikes, that reallly sucks. if what he says is true, I wonder why korg still has the wrong info on the webpage then? calling it a rompler isn't a good sign for it even being able to sample, let alone resample. i hope it'll be called an electribe sampler, not an electribe sample (like the volca).

i was really hoping that since they put the analog filters in the cheap monotrons that they'd find their way into the tribe series. that's a laughable thought now that we won't even have the basics, like song mode or timestretch. sigh indeed.
britzman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah why is korg so clueless and out of touch when it comes to market demand? We want: individual outs. Analog-ness. Useable effects. Good Integration with other gear. decent storage space.

This sh*t is cheap in 2015 but korg has their thumbs up their butts. Get with the program guys.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

britzman wrote:
Yeah why is korg so clueless and out of touch when it comes to market demand? We want: individual outs. Analog-ness. Useable effects. Good Integration with other gear. decent storage space.

This sh*t is cheap in 2015 but korg has their thumbs up their butts. Get with the program guys.

I don't want "Analog-ness". Sounds a bit nasty to me.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

britzman wrote:
market demand? We want

So you've been elected to speak on behalf of the market? Rolling Eyes

Individual outs, and best IFX + MFX send level per part, I'd - really - wish. But the electribe2 is running on a smartphone system-on-a-chip.
At this price point, it won't happen anytime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: