Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stereo Audio in through Audio In Oscillator in Electribe 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain johnson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
Nice work!!

So do you just connect the VS to a comp via headphone jack? Then it picks it up in software?

You should post up some vids of you playing with your set up!

Yep, that's all I do. Actually, it doesn't even pick it up in software, cause it doesn't have to. It's pretty hard core. It sends data through audio, like it was 1985 again, but it works like a charm.

Haven't thought about vids. Think I'll do that, actually. Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Cool stuff! when you run VS through OSC does it need it's own pad assigned to it on E2? so like when you're changing patterns it'll always need to locked in as it were?

Yep. Assign a track and make sure the sequence runs all the time on that track, to keep the gate open. To avoid glitches, set the Tie to Endless in the Step Menu edit section, and you'll have a constant non-stop audio stream into the Tribe.

If you don't want constant, but actually want to mess with the gate, then just sequence accordingly, and limit the gate time. That can create pretty interesting effects, and perhaps that's actually more what Korg intended, seeing as I just can't get that damn input signal to stereo when I use the Audio In Oscillator.

Cool stuff hopefully the stereo issue will be addressed in a future OS. You should post vids of this set up and how it works etc on youtube. I'm pretty sure the Korg community would love little vids like this. There's nothing better than watching how two units sync up and smash out Wink
Steinberger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff indeed. Great use of the VS! I've been having fun plugging DSN-12 (Nintendo 3DS XL) into Audio In and using several Audio In parts with different IFX and beats. It's like running the Nintendo separately into a bunch of different FX pedals each with their own beat.
circuitghost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinberger wrote:
Cool stuff indeed. Great use of the VS! I've been having fun plugging DSN-12 (Nintendo 3DS XL) into Audio In and using several Audio In parts with different IFX and beats. It's like running the Nintendo separately into a bunch of different FX pedals each with their own beat.

Thanks, appreciate it. Awesome use of the Nintendo, I can imagine with the Elecribes chip tune oscillators that you could make some pretty interesting blends of retro and modern with that.
circuitghost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain johnson wrote:
circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
Nice work!!

So do you just connect the VS to a comp via headphone jack? Then it picks it up in software?

Yep, that's all I do. Actually, it doesn't even pick it up in software, cause it doesn't have to. It's pretty hard core. It sends data through audio, like it was 1985 again, but it works like a charm.

Haven't thought about vids. Think I'll do that, actually. Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Cool stuff! when you run VS through OSC does it need it's own pad assigned to it on E2? so like when you're changing patterns it'll always need to locked in as it were?

Yep. Assign a track and make sure the sequence runs all the time on that track, to keep the gate open. To avoid glitches, set the Tie to Endless in the Step Menu edit section, and you'll have a constant non-stop audio stream into the Tribe.

If you don't want constant, but actually want to mess with the gate, then just sequence accordingly, and limit the gate time. That can create pretty interesting effects, and perhaps that's actually more what Korg intended, seeing as I just can't get that damn input signal to stereo when I use the Audio In Oscillator.

Cool stuff hopefully the stereo issue will be addressed in a future OS. You should post vids of this set up and how it works etc on youtube. I'm pretty sure the Korg community would love little vids like this. There's nothing better than watching how two units sync up and smash out Wink

You've talked me into it Smile right now, I've made a small change, using an Octatrack instead, to try and get an idea of what the Electribe would be with a more fleshed out sampler like the upcoming Electribe Sampler. I gotta say, the workflow is pretty damn awesome. You free up voices from the Tribe and can mess with the one shots and loops on the sampler, routing audio back and forth and up and down.

The more I play with this instrument, the more impressed I am with the sound design as well. Yep, it's limited in features, but the potential combinations are plenty, so I don't know if it's all that limited at all, actually.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
circuitghost wrote:
captain johnson wrote:
Nice work!!

You've talked me into it Smile right now, I've made a small change, using an Octatrack instead, to try and get an idea of what the Electribe would be with a more fleshed out sampler like the upcoming Electribe Sampler. I gotta say, the workflow is pretty damn awesome. You free up voices from the Tribe and can mess with the one shots and loops on the sampler, routing audio back and forth and up and down.

The more I play with this instrument, the more impressed I am with the sound design as well. Yep, it's limited in features, but the potential combinations are plenty, so I don't know if it's all that limited at all, actually.

Defo do a korg on korg vid! need to see those untis running together =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: