Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 + what additional hardware???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked into Pocket Operators? they say they can sync with volcas and since electribe can sync with volcas too im guessing POs can sync with electribe.... and they are cheap and fun
Frenzies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:
have you looked into Pocket Operators? they say they can sync with volcas and since electribe can sync with volcas too im guessing POs can sync with electribe.... and they are cheap and fun

Be warned I understand the Pocket Operators are fixed in C major.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
immon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was partnering my E2 with a shruthi monosynth but my new Volca sample seems more fun already....
RedHouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered about the PO's but I think they are maybe too restrictive.

I want to add something too, so I think for my purposes EITHER a Volca Sample or a mini synth with great warms pads. Mininova, Microkorg?

The E2 has good drums, some nice VA sounds, but some rich pads would eat up the polyphony/paraphony and it doesn't sample, hence my line of thinking.

I dunno, from a sonic point of view, what do you think is "missing".
SadPaper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immon wrote:
I was partnering my E2 with a shruthi monosynth but my new Volca sample seems more fun already....

I'm considering adding a Volca Sample to my setup. How do you find the setup, sync etc.?
RedHouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immon wrote:

Whats the Shruthi like? Did you build it yourself?
Steinberger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg DSN-12 on a Nintendo 3DS XL. No MIDI you say? Who cares it sounds freaking awesome. At the most basic level you can set the tempo and play a single synth with the KAOSS pad on the 3DS. Expand on that with 12 total DSN-12 synth/drum parts. Another thing is you can have several electribe2 Audio In parts with different filter/mod/fx and sequences and go to town.
immon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE volca sample.

Syncing is extremely easy using the analog sync port port from the E2. No menus required. Works instantly.

I've not found an easy way to send a send a whole load of samples at once to it yet, but individual samples are easy. I love playing with pitch envelopes as it gives the samples an elastic quality.

RE Shruthi

I got one ready made on eBay for £150. Its fun to play with, it looks cool and the sound can be gritty or chunky recommended.
RedHouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what I want that I feel is "missing" in my sonic armory, I am looking at getting a 2nd hand Roland Gaia SH-01

Anyone have one? I'm looking for those supersaws, pads and arps.

When I do a big trancey saw it eats up the voices on the tribe, so I think I'll use the tribe for beats and bass.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedHouse wrote:
for what I want that I feel is "missing" in my sonic armory, I am looking at getting a 2nd hand Roland Gaia SH-01

When I do a big trancey saw it eats up the voices on the tribe, so I think I'll use the tribe for beats and bass.

I have an SH01 I use mainly for arpeggios, and also because it has an 8 bar phrase recorder it lets me expand a bit on the 4 bars available on the e2. Although the sounds in it are a bit thin, though probably better than the e2, when you layer 3 supersaws and detune them it can sound quite large, and it is very flexible in its editing and sound design. I still don't always find it does the pads I'm looking for, though.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

RedHouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
RedHouse wrote:

. I still don't always find it does the pads I'm looking for, though.

So what does?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedHouse wrote:
Frenzies wrote:
RedHouse wrote:

. I still don't always find it does the pads I'm looking for, though.

So what does?

My M3 does, my 01/w does, but they are cumbersome beasts to take out on the road, and given that I refuse to be tied to a laptop getting my sounds from Omnisphere or Massive I've made my own bed and I'll have to lie in it.

RedHouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Massive, but I dislike making music at a PC. I am a Cellist, so I like to play an instrument. An E2 is an instrument, a Macbook Pro is a Computator! I'm with you there buddy!

I just want to find a smallish keys with those "massive" synth sounds. I'd thought of MiniNova and MicroKorg, not sure they offer enough though, but its difficult to gauge from online demos. I live in the Isle of Man and we don't have a shop with this type of stuff. So, I look to you guys for guidance. Smile
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedHouse,
if you have a midi keyboard I would suggest waldorf streichfett, it doest great pads but it is a module without keys. Or you can control it from e2 via midi.
ghostly606

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried a load of small-ish synths over the years and the standout for me is the Alesis Micron. Not available new anymore but the Akai Miniak is essentially the same synth in a slightly different shell.

Alesis Micron - Patch a Day
MicroKorg - Patch a Week
MS-20 - Patch a Week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: