Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maxikorg DV 800 tracking problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicwerks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Maxikorg DV 800 tracking problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I own a 3rd hand Maxikorg DV 800 and spent lots of $$$ restoring it.

I flew my maxikorg from Singapore to Japan for a major repair (the upper sound only produce 1 note suddenly). The synth tech was good and fixed the problem by replacing a faulty transistor. He also added a 100K resistor to improve my tracking problem.

I still have a tracking problem for the upper sound while the lower sounds seems fairly stable.

The pitch of the upper sounds drift as I play across the octave, but that doesn't happen for my lower sounds.

It takes 1hr for the tracking to stabilize. I was told by my tech that all Maxikorgs like Moogs need time to warm up to get the pitch and tone in tune (but I am skeptical as my lower sound is quite very stable and has NO tracking problem..my minikorgs are rock steady in pitching and tracking too).

Can anyone help me to pin point what's the issue? I have spent way too much but the Maxikorg is still not up to my expectations. btw, I am a Kitaro fan, so you probably figured I used the maxikorg for the horn sounds.

PS:
I have also a old maxikorg VCO recapped by another Spanish tech on standby in case my DV 800 dies again. I am not too sure if I should take a risk to replace the VCO.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: