Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Volca Sample Output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pllikertop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Recording Volca Sample Output Reply with quote

Hi there,

So i'll add the usual qualifiers to this topic. I'm pretty new to all this production stuff and was just hoping to start making some music as a hobby.

With this in mind i've bought a Volca Sample as a way to get some beat ideas down but i'm struggling to figure out how to record it's output into Logic. I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro40 interface so i obviously need to connect the Volca Sample to that.

What cable would i need to record the Volca Sample output in stereo through my Saffire into my DAW? It being stereo is important as I would like to record the panning settings that are changeable within the Volca.

There doesn't appear to be an RCA phono input on the Saffire so would i need to go from the headphone mini jack on the Volca to two 1/4 mono line inputs? Would this give me a stereo recording complete with the panning i've applied on the Volca?

Hope this isn't an annoying/often repeated question.

Cheers!
pfontaine2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the photos of the unit, you would need a stereo breakout cable. On one end would be a stereo mini jack and on the other would be two mono 1/4 inch jacks. This would output the Volca Sample's stereo signal into the audio ins on the back of the unit or the microphone jacks on the front.

Here's a link to a cable on Amazon.com that I believe would suit your purpose.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP159-Stereo-Breakout-10-Feet/dp/B005HGM1D6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425345066&sr=8-1&keywords=stereo+breakout

Good luck!
Pierre
Pllikertop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you mate, that's worked a charm. Appreciate it. Now to get weird with some of my effects plug-ins!

Cheers,

Andy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: