Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adios Electribe2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Adios Electribe2 Reply with quote

You came into my life with such promise but you were all bright lights & no action... I just had to let you go ! Go now & find a new home where hopefully someone, somewhere will find a use for you, a doorstop perhaps or maybe a paperweight, better that than a life in storage with spiders. Cool ... Happy now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get something else or just sold it
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took the money & ran.
farfisa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the logical thing to do. If you don't like it, sell it. Probably get your money back or even make profit with the current shortage of units.

To all the newbies nitpicking about the Electribe 2's faults, make like DrHoo here and sell your unit to people who will actually make music and enjoy it.

No product is perfect. Ever tried programming a TB303?
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chatting to ya.
Peace.
Cool
Buska

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

farfisa wrote:
This is the logical thing to do. If you don't like it, sell it. Probably get your money back or even make profit with the current shortage of units.

To all the newbies nitpicking about the Electribe 2's faults, make like DrHoo here and sell your unit to people who will actually make music and enjoy it.

No product is perfect. Ever tried programming a TB303?

Haha I love how other people get upset when someone else sells their electribe..
circuitghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with this instrument that makes people so inclined to either tell us they've sold it, or that they don't like it? I mean no disrespect to the OP, I'm just curious why the Electribe2 is so polarising.

I offer a theory - the value proposition of the Electribe2 was badly communicated. We expected the EMX (and eventually ESX) but just better. We got something else.

Depending on your preference, the Electribe2 is a better or worse instrument than the ESX. For me, it's better. Polyphony, oscillator and filter quality, individual fx per track and the live opportunities that the KAOSS-pad offers, is to me a more rewarding instrument.

But what it's not, is the EMX MKIII (if we consider the SD-version the MKII).

Let's just get over it and look at the Tribe for what it is.

Again, no disrespect to the OP, fully understand and appreciate why someone sells their Electribe. Just interesting that we see a need to tell the world this or why we don't like it.

And why so many fiercely decide to reply. Like I just did.

Hah Smile
circuitghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with this instrument that makes people so inclined to either tell us they've sold it, or that they don't like it? I mean no disrespect to the OP, I'm just curious why the Electribe2 is so polarising.

I offer a theory - the value proposition of the Electribe2 was badly communicated. We expected the EMX (and eventually ESX) but just better. We got something else.

Depending on your preference, the Electribe2 is a better or worse instrument than the EMX. For me, it's better. Polyphony, oscillator and filter quality, individual fx per track and the live opportunities that the KAOSS-pad offers, is to me a more rewarding instrument.

But what it's not, is the EMX MKIII (if we consider the SD-version the MKII).

Let's just get over it and look at the Tribe for what it is.

Again, no disrespect to the OP, fully understand and appreciate why someone sells their Electribe. Just interesting that we see a need to tell the world this or why we don't like it.

And why so many fiercely decide to reply. Like I just did.

Hah Smile
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people just had set personal expectations of what it SHOULD be capable of, and when it arrived and didn't check off all those points important to them, people were disappointed.

That and the fact it was such a departure from what came before. Where as the EMX1 was clearly vastly more capable than the EM1 when it was released, so people were willing to accept that it functioned differently. This time around the new electribe is probably the biggest departure from the "electribe way of working" since the series was launched, so any missing or different functionality stands out more to fans of the previous generation.

I personally think people are more vocal about their like or dislike of the unit because it's so cheap to be honest. It's easy to buy one almost on a whim for many people, which makes it just as easy to part with. When you drop $2000 on a synth, I find often times you tend to hang on to it longer trying to REALLY make sure you have wrung as much as you can out of it before you decide if it's for you or not. Plus you have to save to buy it longer, and that means likely more upfront research on what it can and can't do.

Not at all saying this is the case with the OP, just in general.

Best of luck with your future musical endeavors DrHoo! As one of the first ones here to get the electribe, it was nice reading your initial thoughts on it while waiting for mine to arrive.
stlkr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll stick around. e2 isn't perfect. but still... i'm happy with it.
see ya mate!
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people get upset - or maybe Annoyed is the right word - because most folks like a little consumerist community validation.

When you buy music gear (or a car, or a pair of jeans) you're not just parting with a little pile of cash. You're associating yourself with all the perceptions that surround the brand and the item.

Every time an electribe user bails, it's another checkbox in the "electribe sucks" column - and no one wants to feel like a fool who bought into marketing jive and got stuck with something lame. We're not there yet, but there is a tipping point for mass perception.

A true individualist needs no validation. Everyone says they are. Nearly no one is.
Buska

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
I think some people get upset - or maybe Annoyed is the right word - because most folks like a little consumerist community validation.

When you buy music gear (or a car, or a pair of jeans) you're not just parting with a little pile of cash. You're associating yourself with all the perceptions that surround the brand and the item.

Every time an electribe user bails, it's another checkbox in the "electribe sucks" column - and no one wants to feel like a fool who bought into marketing jive and got stuck with something lame. We're not there yet, but there is a tipping point for mass perception.

A true individualist needs no validation. Everyone says they are. Nearly no one is.

Bingo
wasstof

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life of Brian anyone....
"You''re All Different"...
"YES! We Are All Different"
"I'm not"
And Now a Volca Sample...
circuitghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. I agree with all of this.

And I'm NOT selling my Electribe2. I'm making good stuff with it. Don't care if it sounds like everyone else's. I like it and my daughter dances to it. That's enough validation for me.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must exist in a different planet - whenever I go check out anything it's the Negative reviews I look at first. They are the most informative of anything.

F*ck the gush.

Dr Hoo and the other guy - you may not agree with their mode of expression but both gave a damn detailed account of their encounters when there was literally nothing floating about. I am very thankful for their posts.

Check the manual?

Yeah, right.

It all adds up to the bank of information and knowledge and I think the sorority girls hazing society needs pull its head back in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: