Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akai, the future is software based... lets Advance.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Tick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
VIP software is actually standalone... You can use it as a live host solely on your computer, with a different computer. It just offers advanced integration with Advance keyboards (sic).

Here's the thread from one of VIP software developers (Big Tick) on KvR: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=429578

Hey, thanks for the link Smile

Just a clarification though, the Advance keyboard's display is a 4.3" full color screen, but not a touchscreen. You use the front panel's buttons to navigate the UI.

Also, don't judge VIP by looking at Zen - VIP is a lot more advanced, and a lot more stable too.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tick wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
VIP software is actually standalone... You can use it as a live host solely on your computer, with a different computer. It just offers advanced integration with Advance keyboards (sic).

Here's the thread from one of VIP software developers (Big Tick) on KvR: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=429578

Hey, thanks for the link Smile

Just a clarification though, the Advance keyboard's display is a 4.3" full color screen, but not a touchscreen. You use the front panel's buttons to navigate the UI.

Also, don't judge VIP by looking at Zen - VIP is a lot more advanced, and a lot more stable too.

Very much looking forward to VIP and the keyboard, with or witouth touchscreen, its about the interface and the interface looks very well designed judging from the videos..

I know you are currently working on the integration of VST effects.. Just wondering if there is a public list of design priorities and other possible future options...

Thanks for your reaction on this forum.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a fantastic product! One question, though; is it possible to edit the sounds from the keyboard, and then SAVE them from the keyboard? Would be totally awesome
Big Tick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I know you are currently working on the integration of VST effects.. Just wondering if there is a public list of design priorities and other possible future options...

Let me first make it clear that anything I say is not an official Akai statement.

Now, the roadmap for post-1.0 features is not public. I recommend to post suggestions at http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professional, they are definitely taken into account.

Obviously effects are very high on the priority list for post V1.0 updates.

Hugo wrote:
One question, though; is it possible to edit the sounds from the keyboard, and then SAVE them from the keyboard? Would be totally awesome

For multis (= layers of up to 8 different vsts), yes, and you don't need to save them as they get saved automatically.
For single-vst presets, you can save them from the software, but not from the hardware. This would be very easy to add in an update though.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah these boards are great...............if you never leave the bedroom.

Still have not seen a compelling solution that can truly replace a Kronos that isn't a bloody mess. If I have to hook up and manage a computer to it = FAIL for live use IMO. Yes the Kronos "Is a computer" but it's self contained.

Honestly, I can't WAIT until there's a real computer keyboard solution! The bitter Irony is products like open labs that were before their time would probably do well now. Especially if they did a kit version and trimmed it down so it wasn't so clunky (and just plain UGLY!) with touchscreens and newer versions of windows that properly supported them. But Alas, still waiting and the Kronos is the only modern instrument even though it's underpinnings are from 10 years ago. The ROMpler days are largely over IMO and I wish the industry would finally just let them die!
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, thanks for the reply.
Another question: on Native Instruments Komplete keyboard, it's possible to set up the keyboard after scales, enabling bozos like myself to be able to cheat their playing. Does the Akai offer the same functionality?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
Another question: on Native Instruments Komplete keyboard, it's possible to set up the keyboard after scales, enabling bozos like myself to be able to cheat their playing. Does the Akai offer the same functionality?

You could allways route trough ableton, that has a midi effe t for just that..
Big Tick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:

Don't get me started on this, this my most despised feature on any instrument, ever ! Luckily for you, I don't have a say in which features will be implemented Smile But no, not in V1.0.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tick wrote:
Hugo wrote:

Don't get me started on this, this my most despised feature on any instrument, ever ! Luckily for you, I don't have a say in which features will be implemented Smile But no, not in V1.0.

Haha! I can definately see where you're coming from. And in a way
i agree with you - another thing that suck bigtime are loop libraries. It seems, however, this is just the way it goes.
Big Tick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost 2 years down the line - VIP 3.0 is available and includes scales Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: