Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] Trade EMX-1 for EMX-2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
renanhonda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: [Help] Trade EMX-1 for EMX-2? Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I need your help to decide what to do! So here is the thing...

I own an EMX-1 (the smart media version) for about 4 years now, but I'm not a heavy user like most of you guys here. I use the EMX in two situations: 1 - Creating music on my own at home for fun and recording for myself, 2 - Triggering synths loops in a band (I'm the drummer also).

I use the EMX to create dubstep and trance loops most of the times. And I use it along with a Kaossilator Pro+ and a Kaoss Pad 2.

Since I've heard about the release of the new version of the EMX I'm searching in forums and videos someone that was an user of EMX-1 and decided to go for EMX-2, and tell the main differences between them.

The main thing that draw my attention was the integration with Ableton Live, which I use a lot to do some other stuffs! And also the better quality of the sounds is very interesting!

So guys, my question is: Is it worthy to change the EMX-1 for an EMX-2 for a user like me?

Thanks everyone! Very Happy
etnate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I don't think the electribe2 is good for trance. It's my favorite electronic genre and I would be making trance tunes on it but unless you're content with making the most simplest trance I wouldn't recommend it for that. The 4 bar limit is too constricting.
circuitghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same trade. I don't regret it, but I didn't get what I had only better. I got something else.

If you're into trance, long transitions, long repetitions and slow evolving tracks, the EMX might be a keeper for you. The Tribe's water tight switches between patterns treats them almost like separate songs, and the four bar limit means you need to be more live with your instrument to build longer stretches.

However, I think the current Electribe has made a good job of figuring out how to create interesting sounds with what's in the box. They all work really well together. So in terms of building sounds and creating something that has a more personal flavour to it, the current Tribe is definitely the way to go.

Be prepared, though - it's not an updated EMX. It's a groove box heavily influenced by Korg's Kaoss philosophy, with part of its workflow inherited from the EMX and ESX.

And it does sound great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: