Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just bought my Electribe, can it do this...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CleverHans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Just bought my Electribe, can it do this...? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Decided to take the plunge last Fri and had a little play on Sunday night, am enjoying it so far, have never owned anything like this as never tried production, just djing.

I enjoy playing deep minimal techno, is this something I'm going to be able to achieve on the tribe alone or will I need to get some additional gear?

I'm looking at this kind of tune as an example:

https://soundcloud.com/fuselondon/jun-akimoto-ittetsu-34-bounce

I'm looking at adding a Korg Sample to it atm for the prangy sounds (good choice?) but are the kicks/bassline realistic on the EMX?

If so, would be grand if someone could give me some pointers. Have been impressed with it so far once I got my head around things as the manual isn't the greatest and most videos if not all online were about the first versions of the electribe.

Thanks in advance!

Hans
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The E2 was designed to be an ideal laptop replacement for performing live.

There are a few nay sayers who will disagree with me. However holding an entire club with one box is how this was made.

Now understanding that, you have to keeping mind this is not an instant music box. You have to work at building your set.

The only other recommended gear and, really it is not necessary, but you could get a 5 pin midi to 5 pin midi controller like the PadKontrol or a tacktile controller. If you want to incorporate additional effects, the Kaoss Quad is a perfect fit.

Lastly, iPAd users have reported great integration of their iPad and Korg Apps with the E2.

So in short, you got the right tool for the job.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
CleverHans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

So what about that bass? Any ideas on how to create that amount of sustained deepness?
CleverHans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also meant make as in play when I linked that tune, is it possible or am I restricted in doing that sort of thing?

Am willing to put the hours in to learn how to do everything so any tutorials people think will be helpful, please link me up!

Cheers!
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get very close to that sound with just the e2, adding the sampler for the vocal bits.

I hear an electronic kick (there's a ton on the e2) a 909-style hat and snare.

The deep bass sounds like a nice sine - so use a single sine oscillator, or a lowpass filtered triangle if you need enveloped dynamics.

It seems to have some amp envelope action, medium decay. It also seems to occasionally play a chord or interval on higher notes, so maybe use a poly voice for the bass (usually bass is mono)

There's a chord stab that should be easy to make, just experiment with saw or square chords and throw a medium-envelope decay lowpass on it.

You can try a delay on the bass as well, and a delay for any blippy synth elements you do over the top. But the drums sound dry.

I think the e2 is a great machine for creating this type of stuff.
CleverHans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, I will now get to grips with understanding the technical stuff and hope to post back with some kind of effort shortly.

Much appreciated and keep the tips coming please guys!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to figure out how to write this kindof stuff myself this was really my intended goal for my e2.

I thhink i have to just get better and the composing part instead of blaming hardware limitations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: