Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 iPad app companion Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: E2 iPad app companion Thread Reply with quote

SO more and more people are getting into using the e2 in conjunction with ipad in various ways (either controlling ipad with e2, or running other synth apps or daw apps along side the E2....)

So i figured it would only be smart to create a thread just about people's setups with that... what people like to use in terms of apps or the setting up...

I just got my i pad air 2 2 days ago so im still discovering diff apps and stuff and would love to see everyone else's opinions and setups and preferences regarding this setup

having them all grouped into a single thread is cool too for later references for people looking into this setup.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other good apps I'd recommend:

- the Korg goodies, ielectribe, iKaossilator, iMS20, etc.
- TriqTraq.
- Samplr.
- Alchemy, Thorm Nave, Animoog, Sunrizer, Photophore, DM1, Drum Perfect, ThumbJam.
- LoopyHD.

If you want a full on DAW exeperience, nothing touches Auria IMO, especially when you consider how cheap it is to buy the IAP Fabfilter plug ins. They're a fraction of the price of their desktop versions, same functionality too. I spent of the last year writing almost all my songs on an iPad with that combo, lots of fun.

Also, the Audiobus forums are probably the best place to find info on iPad music making I've found. Lots of nice people there and some good user blogs with reviews and technique tips, etc.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too for Auria, Triqtraq and Samplr. Sector is beautiful and great for mangling/rearranging/glitching loops. Glitchbreaks is good for live loop jamming. If you have the slightest desire to lay down some acid, Rebirth is a must. I think the iElectribe apps are fantastic, probably my favourites. Also Audioshare is very, very useful. I'm a bit behind the curve because i'm still on ios6 running on an ipad2 but there is so much out there to be had...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on Sector.
Sunrizer does sound good too.
Xynthesizr is a personal favorite and would be good sequencing one part of the E2.And/or through the audio In.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about good iPhone apps?

Anyone here using just the iPhone / iPod touch with their E2?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the iPod touch and Xynthesizr and sunrizer are both avalable (and cheap) on that/iPhone.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
What about good iPhone apps?

Anyone here using just the iPhone / iPod touch with their E2?

Sometimes. Sunrizer XS, Figure, ikaossilator, DM1, triqtraq are all apps I've messed around with combining with the electribe on my iPhone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here use caustic i discovered it yesterday and fell in absolute love! Not necessarily for a companion app to the tribe but just as a music creation environment the workflow and control and editing are amazing you can even export midi stems of your song if you want to recreate it on a desktop daw.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely see how figure can be a very nice companion.
RedHouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:
I LOVE Figure! I wish they'd expand and update the synths and kits etc, it's totally addictive, but productive too. I start most of my tracks as figure ideas and audio copy into Garageband or something.
jim555

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egoist, Thesys, Thor and Genome.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:

How are you using Figure with the E2? Does the E2 control Figure? Can Figure control the E2 in some way?

More details on this would be greatly helpful...I am trying to determing if I should spend the money on the camera connection kit for the iPhone 4 I have.

Thanks!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Telengard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great one is MIDI Pattern Sequencer for the iPad:

http://msequencer.blogspot.com/2013/01/midi-pattern-sequencer-manual-about.html

It has a small learning curve, but it is really powerful. I can set up a song on it and when I hit play it will change the E2 (Or other hardware for that matter) to the proper bank before it begins playing.

I use it to replace the missing song mode and motion step editing that is missing from the new Electribe. You can even use the MIDI learn function on it to select one of the knobs (ie. filter cutoff, fx level, etc) and do a record on the sequence for automation.

It really is a great sequencer, but not everyone will gel with it. I keep coming back to it as the developer has some great apps and they are usually super rock-solid stable.

Last edited by Telengard on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@smk

As far as i know figure has no midi control what so ever. The way i was thinking i could use it is just by matching tempos and then recording extra loops on top of the e2 in figure with its sweet pattern settings. Jammed on it last night and theres definitely something there. Also instead of using the built in recorder one can use kt through loopy hd and get more loops out of it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought samplr (and a whole bunch of other apps ) and it's actually pretty decent... gotta figure out how to set up a live improv jam style of setup.. that was the whole reason why i got the tribe..but it doesnt have enough live manipulations to me (and the step jump is just broken as f*ck) so this samplr does a lot of glitchy s**t nicely!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: