Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXS16 (demo) - drumtracks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erwin_W

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: EXS16 (demo) - drumtracks? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I installed EXS16 demo on a Kronos 2.
However , it seems that drumtracks are choosen wrongly (bell sound) ?

Is this normal in demo mode ? and maybe corrected once the auth. code is entered ?

Thanks,
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the authorisation code won't correct that.

I think this is caused by the fact that we now have multiple kronos versions with different program orders. So unless the sound developer has created all kind over versions for each kronos version out in the field it won't work if you load a Kronos v1 or X sound set version in a kronos 2. Probably the drum sounds are using one of the drum sets that are on a different location in the kronos 2.

Personally i'm a little bit amazed that even the official kronos expansions are having these kind of problems, you would expect that they have all the kronos versions out there to create the multiple files.

The only thing you can do is asking the official sound designer of the EXS16 for the kronos 2 sound set version.
G-Rod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: EXs16 Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue, - incorrect sounding Karma and Drum Tracks for Kronos2. I loaded the PCG into the default location, UG. The patches SEEM to work but who knows if they are sounding as intended when both the Karma and the Drum Track are pointing to incorrect sounds/patterns. What if they are trying to layer internal brass sounds/multisamples with the new brass? For example, - Tracks 4,5, and 6 of first Combi:000 Tower of Funk are all pointing to INT sounds that are incorrect.

Does anyone have these successfully installed on K1 or KX, that can verify where the Combi's are supposed to pointing? I tried a few Bank changes but none of them seem to make sense given the title of this particular Combi.

Thanks,
G
rs.felicio
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A workaround is change manually the drum program.
For example, if the program on EXS16 set the drum track program to U-A000 "Jazz Dry/Amb1 Kit SL1,2" (the standard location on Kronos 1 and X), change it to U-BB000 (the standard location for this prog on Kronos 2).

On last tutorial, Qui showed to us a simple way to change the reference in a COMBI (I don't know if this works on the same way to drum track)....By PCGtools is possible to manage this.

I can't understand why this bank's changes and why a lot difference inside the banks ...for example:

Kronos 1/x <=> Kronos 2
I-A <=> I-C
I-B <=> U-C (with some differences)
I-C <=> U-D (with some differences)
U-F <=> U-B

The two new banks isn't a justification.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
no the authorisation code won't correct that.

I think this is caused by the fact that we now have multiple kronos versions with different program orders. So unless the sound developer has created all kind over versions for each kronos version out in the field it won't work if you load a Kronos v1 or X sound set version in a kronos 2. Probably the drum sounds are using one of the drum sets that are on a different location in the kronos 2.

Personally i'm a little bit amazed that even the official kronos expansions are having these kind of problems, you would expect that they have all the kronos versions out there to create the multiple files.

The only thing you can do is asking the official sound designer of the EXS16 for the kronos 2 sound set version.

This sounds like a serious issue.. I hope they have a solution for this in the works, other then making the packs unavailable to new Kronos owners..
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rs.felicio wrote:

I can't understand why this bank's changes and why a lot difference inside the banks ...for example:

Kronos 1/x <=> Kronos 2
I-A <=> I-C
I-B <=> U-C (with some differences)
I-C <=> U-D (with some differences)
U-F <=> U-B

The two new banks isn't a justification.

i agree,

it creates quite some problems when new Kronos 2 users want to load the soundsets that are available at the moment including the EXS libraries on the korg site since they are based on the old program order.

You obviously have access to a kronos 2 sound set, so you can see the differences. In my case i don't have a kronos 2 or kronos 2 sound set. For me it was the main reason to cancel my combi library.

But what i didn't realise is that it also affects the programs. If drumtracks are moved (and obviously the HD1 program banks are moved too) then all program sound sets i've made for previous versions won't work on a kronos 2.
So the only possible way for me to create program libraries or combis sets that theoretically would work on a Kronos 2 and kronos 1 and X with the new kronos sound packages loaded is to copy every factory preset to a custom bank and point to that one. But then you will have problems with KARMA GEs or wave sequences, since those also seems to be changed.

Basically for me, the only real possibility is to create only soundsets for the kronos one and Kronos X, since those are still comparable to the old situation.

It could easely be solved by korg in my opinion if they would release a 'legacy version' preload for the kronos 2, where the new banks would be added to free User banks and the program order is the same again as the kronos 1 and X. It would also make the complete legacy library on the korg shop itself available for kronos 2 users, unless they have all libraries modified for the kronos 2, then it's only the 3rd party developers that aren't in the korg store which would have problems for the kronos 2, but they can choose then to not develop sets for the kronos 2.

It's a puzzle i'm still struggling with how to solve this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: