Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 knob midi signal channels. signal or multiple?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: E2 knob midi signal channels. signal or multiple? Reply with quote

Hey quick question, do the knobs on the e2 send midi on multiple channels or is it just a single channel? to be more in depth, i want to start using the e2 with my ipad and let's say with gadget, i can midi sync both and i can dedicate a part to input audio and use its keyboard to control the gadget. can i midi map the knobs to affect the gadget's knobs?

If yes, can i do that with multiple parts? midi map each part to a diff gadget and have the midi knobs mapped to different knobs on gadget and when i change like filter cut off for example on part 6 it only affects the gadget mapped to channel 6 or is it global? still trying to expand my midi knowledge.

thanks.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: E2 knob midi signal channels. signal or multiple? Reply with quote

256K wrote:
Hey quick question, do the knobs on the e2 send midi on multiple channels or is it just a single channel? to be more in depth, i want to start using the e2 with my ipad and let's say with gadget, i can midi sync both and i can dedicate a part to input audio and use its keyboard to control the gadget. can i midi map the knobs to affect the gadget's knobs?

If yes, can i do that with multiple parts? midi map each part to a diff gadget and have the midi knobs mapped to different knobs on gadget and when i change like filter cut off for example on part 6 it only affects the gadget mapped to channel 6 or is it global? still trying to expand my midi knowledge.

thanks.

The e2 will send to 16 different channels at once, fixed on tracks 1-16, so you can send it to gadget. Not sure about the controllers, I don't find korgs apps to be very friendly when it comes to midi learning cc's, but I believe you'd be able to send the cc from track 1 it will only effect the gadget mapped to channel 1. I'll have to check it out.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a quick play shows me this.
All the gadgets seem to be mapped to omni, that is to say they receive massages from any track on the electribe, but the electribe only controls the currently selected gadget. So as a multi timbal sound source it seems like a non starter. CC mapping seems a bit random, with some synths responding to the messages you would imagine and others ignoring the same message, and others still mapped to something different entirely. You don't seem to be able to sequence Gadget from the e2 because everything plays on the gadget you have selected. There doesn't seem to be a Midi learn feature, which would be in keeping with all the other Korg apps I have.
You can, however, control starting and stopping from the e2. In fact, you have to, because the play and stop controls disappear from Gadget when you plug the midi in.
Can't tell yet how bad the latency is, but it's really bad on other Korg apps.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
chris1a

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Gadget only receives midi on the selected gadget. I do hope Korg someday makes it so you can assign a channel freely to any gadget.

The CCs for each gadget can be changed though. When in gadget view, press the function button, a popup with all the CCs for the gadget should appear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: