Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

up for a 25K grant!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: up for a 25K grant! Reply with quote

Everyone a shout out for help!
Bridgestone Fuel the Cause Grant
Our little farm school has made it to the finals! There are many good causes on there to vote for, you can vote every day, it is verified by your email address currently we are in third so if you have no preference please take a minute each morning this month to vote for our project!

The project is

The Gift of Music Shared for a Lifetime in Garretson South Dakota! This is very exciting for the community we are around 1200 people and more then a few are in the local nursing home. The school band and Choirs do many functions there and for the town, sadly our shops and music classes are the first things to get cut when the budgets get cut. As ti is there is no school shops but kids have an option to get bussed 20+ miles away for a class but music is holding on so, thanks again!

Thanks everyone heres the link!
Remember our project is

The Gift of Music Shared for a Lifetime
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please share this with everyone who will vote! I have it posted to Facebook! I hope it helps! Thanks all!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI only US DC and Canadian residents can vote on this one. But please those who can vote please do!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sadly we have dropped to fourth place. Our little community just doesn't have the masses of people to keep a sustained vote going. I think with our people being dedicated to this at least we can maintain fourth but it is a month with 30 days so anything could happen. I certainly thank everyone one who will take 30 seconds from their day to put in a vote remember you can vote with any email address you have once a day. Privacy is maintained fi you so choose just don't check the send me email box and you'll be fine! Thanks again!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods would it be against forum rules to move this to the latest new forum? I don't think it is getting any real exposure here. Thanks!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Mods would it be against forum rules to move this to the latest new forum? I don't think it is getting any real exposure here. Thanks!

Done. Wink
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sharp! As of a few minutes ago we resumed third place! but only by a few points. Thanks to all who can and will help. I have a feeling it will be a long month for those of us in Garretson watching this! Without Bridgestones grant contest our little community wouldn't have had a chance for any money like this so Thanks to them as well!

FYI Garretson supports a few smaller towns for schooling as well since they are to small to have their own schools. We even get kids from Minnesota Farming communities so this affects much more then our little town. Thanks again everyone. I hope I am not making a pest of myself! I apologize if I am!
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted. Smile

C'mon, people - we're not talking about a lot of votes here. The leader's only got 8000+. If everybody here voted for Bertotti's town, it would be a done deal.

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOTE SUBMITTED

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't vote for this but merely want to express my support for your cause. I'm currently involved with a project where our music school (which services an area of some 150.000 people) provides songbooks with practice cds to primary schools. They then learn the songs with help from our teachers and end up giving a concert with live band for their parents in our main hall. It's a great way to get kids to experience the joy of singing together and feel what it's like to perform on stage. We get responses from teachers and parents on how kids that were always shy or awkward really blossom, it's awesome.

Anyway, not to steal your thunder of course, I just mean to say I feel for your cause. Having a healthy music program in our schools enriches all of our lives and it's too easily forgotten by politicians and bank managers sometimes.

In our community we were lucky to win such a grant from the local Rotary Club. Basically the primary schools could all try our program for free. The next year (this one), they had to pay to get the program, but then they got 500e back to buy small instruments. If the Bridgestone thing doesn't work out there are definitely other avenues to explore. Let's first hope it does though!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus Thanks! remember you can vote once a day all month long! If you don't mind and it isn't to much of a bother please do! Share ti with your fiends! Anything is great and what you have done is greatly appreciated!

SanderXpander great program you got going there!

We have a few other avenues around here but being just close enough to a large city it seems they always seem to have what they need and resources from all over, perception perhaps, it is difficult to compete against the shear numbers of people they have working putting effort forth for them. Some of these school have a graduating class several times bigger then the total of prek to 12 th grade of our school. The kids do fund raisers and such so they can get by but it is certainly great where they are at now in this contest! With everyones help they have edged into the top three the next above us currently has double the votes and the top dog is well over I think 8K votes! Wow but it is a great program as well! No hard feelings just being in the top six will get them a cash price. Not as good as 25K but hey grant money is grant money and nothing to turn down!

Thanks everyone for your support! Very Happy Angel
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Thanks also! a vote a day doesn't take much time but to tell the truth I am not sure the project in the lead shouldn't stay in the lead. But a solid third or second would be great! Thanks everyone any and all help is greatly appreciated!

But as mentioned we have a long ways to go because everyone, can vote everyday, for the whole month, so I think the deciding factor will be who will continue to vote for the whole month, whose project will have the greatest staying power!

Thanks everyone! once a day steadily everyday will pay off if it isn't to much of a bother for you and if you choose to vote for a different project it is appreciated also, I harbor no grudge at all any vote for any of them is great but if you don't mind we would love you daily vote!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted and shared. Good luck.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted. Good luck.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: