Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Center point stereo spacestation v.3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Center point stereo spacestation v.3 Reply with quote

A new type of stereo technollogy that is supposed to give true stereo to everyone in a room... This video explains how they archieved this, seems very logical to me...

http://youtu.be/orMVe_TQ1SA

Anyone else got experience with this? Care to share your toughts with us? While the story seems very plausible even to an electro ics engineer like me, i still keep asking myself, whats the catch? It cant be that simple can it?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally stuff like this is built on manipulating the phase of the audio signal. Bose's 3D system is. Which works pretty well for consumer applications but I wouldn't want to mix on it.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Generally stuff like this is built on manipulating the phase of the audio signal. Bose's 3D system is. Which works pretty well for consumer applications but I wouldn't want to mix on it.

Thats where setting up studio monitors comes in handy... You are allways in the sweetspot..
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one . I am the first and to my knowledge only owner of the spacestation V3 in the UK.

It is everything that the manufacturer claims it is and more !! An execllent stereo everywhere amp and great for stage monitoring and playing for audience of up to 300.

My only critiscism is that the amp does not have deep bottom end and if you play organ bass or sequenced based musice that is dance orientated then you may need an added sub to reinforce the bottom end.

However I play the Korg PA1X at church in front of 500 plus people every week and the sound is excellent and can be heard everywhere in the church at decemnt levels. Bare in mind I am not playing at club level volumes and people have come to actually haer what is being presented as opposed to just background music or ear bleeding music.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually want one now. Not sure if I should say thanks or not? Confused
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are thinking about ordering one do it now before word really gets out ! It's back ordered till June I believe . You can thank me later 😀. Seriously though this is something special and I don't know how it stayed under the radar so long .
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: SpaceStation stereo amp Reply with quote

I have had and used a SpaceStation for a couple of years. It is very small and very loud. It reproduces a good enough stereo field for live performance stage monitoring of keyboards, but is very mid-range-ish and needs considerable EQ adjustments to make it sound smooth; especially for acoustic piano. It originally was designed as a guitar amp, so keep in mind that the tone structure is set up for a guitar.

The newest version has upgraded components, but the processing is the same as the last version produced by Groovetubes. I actually spoke with the company that bought the rights and they may be offering an upgrade kit to incorporate the improved components in previous models. Hope this helps.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Kammikdef

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this information is the best.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes great info and it does tend to shut down my desire for one.
Truth is as I think about it I really like my QSC and use them outside more then inside. I wouldn't mind adding a sub but otherwise I love the QSC and have lost interest in the space station.

I may be the odd guy out but in some cases I actually like mono and since I don't gig if I want good stereo I throw on the DT880pros.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kammikdef is seemingly on a rampage to increase his post count, replying to random posts and saying they're great.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thats funny but I still like the info JP posted. And he did just curb my GAS so I am happy! I actually hadn't used my QSC for some time this winter so I fired them up and am once again completely satisfied with them.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Kammikdef is seemingly on a rampage to increase his post count, replying to random posts and saying they're great.

Get ready for the spam....
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter to me whether folks dig this amp or not but does it really take just one fairly positive but not 100percent supportive review from someone that does not own and had not actually used the latest version of the amp, out of the multiple testimonies on th musician forum (now 81 pages deep ) to put you off this amp ????

Fair enough I guess .
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not entirely worth ut having not used my current set up for awhile and hearing the reviews and demos drove me to gas and I then needed to hear my setup again so I fired it up and realized my gas was gone. As long as I am satisfied with what I have I won't gas for this product and I am happy with that because it saves me money! So no one negative or positive review doesn't put me off or on to a product but it doe make me think and look at my rig closer.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you and that's cool . All I would say is that having 3 D sound coming from everywhere and knowing that not only you and your band and your audience are hearing the same sound and experiencing the same thrill at the same time is freaking awesome ! But I am glad your gas is cured 😀
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: