Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About new Havian keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: About new Havian keyboard Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

First impresions, as some members saids, it's a PA300/600 with and extended 88 keybed.-
About who'll be the potential user, as manyone saids pianist wich need good GrandPiano sound, string, and style.-
Reading Users Manual, i can't adertise significant diferences from PA300/600.-
New micro joystich seem uncomtable, it's grip is like a know, not like a professional joystick.- Externally looks fine, but i should prefer less simil wood coating.-
As i could not check keybed, i can't affirm if its pleasant or not.-
All controlls are exactly distributed as on PA300/600, except for the absent pads (as in PA300).-
It's weight is reasonable for an 88 key with an arranger electronic inside.-
Rumors about price are nearly U$S 1499.-
Considering that price level, for me is not a good option.-
Recently i bought an Maudio Oygen 88, and going to Thoraldus suggestions, y dissasembly my PA600 and convertir in a sound module;
I connect Maudio via midi wire to my PA600 sound module, and increase it performances, taking advantage of new surface controls Maudio keyboard haves (Programable Sliders, knobs, and the very best, freely programing and controlling each of PA600 for zones.- Maudio Oxygen, have a 4 dedicated buttons to enable/disable each zone, and to automatically recall any set of each zone.- And the most usefull functión with it 8 programable knobs and lawyers you cant tweak any parameter to affect sounds and effects on the fly (option you cant implement on a PA600 / PA900).
Said this, what anybody of you may consider is the amount of money you'll invest.- If you sold PA600 to buy new HAVIAN, market difference will be near $850 to $ 1000 (considere old keyboard vs new keyboard) to obtain the same sounds.- Oygen 88 is nearly U$ 250, so if you have a PA600 don't sold it and buy Oygen 88, your invest will be less, and final result the same.
Wishing this opinion helps other members, with regards Eduardo.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: