Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample DAW Recording

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steeuphoria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Volca Sample DAW Recording Reply with quote

I just bought the Volca Sample a while back, and i just recently bought a Presonus Audiobox USB along with a Midi cord.
Can someone help me set this up with Ableton so I can use the Volca sample to record beats etc. in Ableton?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Volca Sample DAW Recording Reply with quote

steeuphoria wrote:
I just bought the Volca Sample a while back, and i just recently bought a Presonus Audiobox USB along with a Midi cord.
Can someone help me set this up with Ableton so I can use the Volca sample to record beats etc. in Ableton?

Do you want to control the Volca with midi or just record the audio in to Ableton?

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
steeuphoria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Volca Sample DAW Recording Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
steeuphoria wrote:

Do you want to control the Volca with midi or just record the audio in to Ableton?

Id like to do both, so far I kindof have a lockdown on controlling the volca with midi, but im having trouble recording the audio from the Volca into Ableton.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Volca Sample DAW Recording Reply with quote

steeuphoria wrote:
Frenzies wrote:
steeuphoria wrote:

Id like to do both, so far I kindof have a lockdown on controlling the volca with midi, but im having trouble recording the audio from the Volca into Ableton.

I don't have the same box, but it should be a simple case of setting the correct audio input device in Ableton preferences and then selecting the right input in the audio from bit of the track you want to record in to. For me ( on a Mac) that's usb audio codec. Then hit record and you should be good.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

steeuphoria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Volca Sample DAW Recording Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
steeuphoria wrote:
Frenzies wrote:
steeuphoria wrote:

I don't have the same box, but it should be a simple case of setting the correct audio input device in Ableton preferences and then selecting the right input in the audio from bit of the track you want to record in to. For me ( on a Mac) that's usb audio codec. Then hit record and you should be good.

Ive spoken to a youtuber who recorded his live performance into Ableton and theres a headphone jack on the Korg Volca sample that comes with a mini jack and he said he plugged it into his Audio interface to the audio input.
Is it as simple as getting a converter for the jack (my headphone jack on my audio interface is female) and connecting my Korg to my audio interface that way?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Volca Sample DAW Recording Reply with quote

steeuphoria wrote:
Frenzies wrote:
steeuphoria wrote:
Frenzies wrote:
steeuphoria wrote:

Ive spoken to a youtuber who recorded his live performance into Ableton and theres a headphone jack on the Korg Volca sample that comes with a mini jack and he said he plugged it into his Audio interface to the audio input.
Is it as simple as getting a converter for the jack (my headphone jack on my audio interface is female) and connecting my Korg to my audio interface that way?

the headphone out is the audio out on the volcas, so yes, you just need to run a signal from that to your interface. i use stereo 3.5 to mono 6.5mm cables.

Frenzies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read that again. don't connect to the phones jack on your interface. connect the phones out on the volga to one of the line ins on your interface.

steeuphoria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
just read that again. don't connect to the phones jack on your interface. connect the phones out on the volga to one of the line ins on your interface.

Forgive my ignorance but my Audio Interface only has the following connections:
Mic/Instrument Preamps
Midi I/O
Main Outputs
and 1/4 Stereo Headphone Output.

Im assuming im going to have to buy a DI unit, am I correct?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go from headphone out of the Volca to the 1/4 inch instrument input of the interface. Some people are saying you need a DI unit to convert the Volca to instrument level. That interface is the first I've come across that doesn't do line level inputs, but id try it anyway, turn it right down on the interface and see what comes through.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5991278

steeuphoria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
Go from headphone out of the Volca to the 1/4 inch instrument input of the interface. Some people are saying you need a DI unit to convert the Volca to instrument level. That interface is the first I've come across that doesn't do line level inputs, but id try it anyway, turn it right down on the interface and see what comes through.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5991278

This is what ive done since,
ive purchased a DI box (Livewire) and I have the output connected to the preamps on the Audiobox,
from there I have a 1/8 to a Y stereo 1/4 to the input on my DI box.

Still cant hear audio from the Volca sample in Ableton.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: