Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CubaseAI8 cant "see" Triton Extreme in MIDI device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
learn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: CubaseAI8 cant "see" Triton Extreme in MIDI device Reply with quote

Hi
Trying to connect the above to a) load triton sequencer songs using and MIDI b) access the triton sounds banks. Forum research has got me to the stage of downloading an xml triton patch file and importing this into cubase via the midi device manager(btw I'm using a steinberg UR22 audio/MIDI interface).

The problem is that it states on the output drop down menu of the midi device manager that the triton it is not connected? I can see that MIDI data is being input/output audio activity meters so what did I miss?Presumably, my next goal to connect the triton as an external midi instrument in VST connections can’t work until the triton is recognised?

I have also installed korg midi driver but device list box is greyed out.

Once this hurdle is overcome, my forum research suggest that it’s a case of exporting the midi file from triton, importing into cubase, dissolving midi track so that the channels are dispersed, specifying the triton as the instrument and assigning the same midi channel programs as were in the corresponding tracks in the triton sequencer song?

Thanks and apols for any newbie type mistakes. This is the third time I have attempted to leave the relative comfort of the korg sequencer song environment..! Smile
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that you can see midi data coming in and audio meters are moving? Can you be more specific?

There is a longstanding issue with Windows where it fails to recognize any new midi devices after ten of them have been installed. It's easy to reach this limit since some boards identify themselves as two or more separate devices, and also using a different USB port for the same device counts as a new installation. Using the supplied Korg midi device removal utility you can uninstall any old or corrupt midi devices (untick the box "Korg devices only") that may be lingering on your system. Remove all and then reinstall the Triton driver.

However, if this is your problem, I don't understand why midi is visible in Cubase and the audio meters are moving. It shouldn't be doing anything at all.
learn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt help.

[quote="SanderXpander"]You say that you can see midi data coming in and audio meters are moving? Can you be more specific?

By this I mean that when a key on the triton is pressed, it registers on the MIDI out activity meter in cubase.

Good idea re the midi device removal utility. Will give it a try when I finish work and post an update later today.

Thanks again.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is showing up in Cubase, does that mean you can also record it and play virtual instruments?
learn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in responding. The triton is now listed as connected on the output drop down and notes can be heard. I reinstalled korg midi driver and reconnected the triton and it was recognised by the MIDI driver as a device.

I also changed the "MIDI in" option in the MIDI utility from "64bit" (my system to both 32 and 64 bit. The triton's output drop down in cubse MIDI device manager is also now connected. Thanks for the pointers.

I am still struggling trying to set up the triton as a VST instrument to access the sound banks in cubase. However, I am revisiting the cubase manual/checking steiberg forums as it may be the case that my version doens't have that functionality. Will keep you posted - thanks again!
learn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in responding. The triton is now listed as connected on the output drop down and notes can be heard. I reinstalled korg midi driver and reconnected the triton and it was recognised by the MIDI driver as a device.

I also changed the "MIDI in" option in the MIDI utility from "64bit" (my system to both 32 and 64 bit. The triton's output drop down in cubse MIDI device manager is also now connected. Thanks for the pointers.

I am still struggling trying to set up the triton as a VST instrument to access the sound banks in cubase. However, I am revisiting the cubase manual/checking steiberg forums as it may be the case that my version doens't have that functionality. Will keep you posted - thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: