Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapping A Slider To Multiple Tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davzie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Mapping A Slider To Multiple Tracks Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I'm desperately searching how to do what Jordan is doing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCbOnK0fDg#t=4m13s

He's mapped slider 7 I think to multiple tracks in his combination. I'm wanting to do the same but can't figure out how!

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction Smile

Cheers
Endless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using sliders in karma mode is the key! After that you have to decide what timbres have to respond to midi cc7 (volume) and uncheck those you don't want to fade. I don't remember the specific pages but you have to find karma filters. Before/after that you have to set (global mode) the slider I to midi cc7. I made a combi that involve this technique. Unfortunatly I sold my kronos...but I have the combi (spirit carries on). I'll try to find on the user manuals the exact parameter you have to modify Smile

I follow the exact way JR explain in that video and I realize these combis:

http://youtu.be/1x4J8HZVz_E

Last edited by Endless on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
davzie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless wrote:
using sliders in karma mode is the key! After that you have to decide what timbres have to respond to midi cc7 (volume) and uncheck those you don't want to fade. I don't remember the specific pages but you have to find karma filters. Before/after that you have to set (global mode) the slider I to midi cc7. I made a combi that involve this technique. Unfortunatly I sold my kronos...but I have the combi (spirit carries on). I'll try to find on the user manuals the exact parameter you have to modify Smile

You are a hero Smile
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mapping A Slider To Multiple Tracks Reply with quote

davzie wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm desperately searching how to do what Jordan is doing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCbOnK0fDg#t=4m13s

He's mapped slider 7 I think to multiple tracks in his combination. I'm wanting to do the same but can't figure out how!

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction Smile

Cheers

Slider 8. The 9th one is the "Master" slider, the one past that is the "Value" slider.

Anyway, there's a few ways of approaching things like this. One way is to just assign it to effects where you have a bunch of layers that route to your TFX 1 or 2, and you can assign the volume output to whatever slider you want. Personally, I'd probably do it that way, but there should be a way to do it with relative volumes via Midi instead of using an insert effect.
Endless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Global - P2 controller/scales - karma controllers'
Here set slider 8 to midi cc7
Then return to your combi: 'p3: midi filter/zones'
Midi filter 1, 2 or 3...I don't remember Sad you have to find something related to volume. Uncheck the timbres you want to stay there when you move the slider. I hope it works!
Endless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps: in this way you can always use a slider (set in global mode) to be your volume control of those timbres you decide (in midi/filter page) in every combi you want!
davzie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless wrote:
Ps: in this way you can always use a slider (set in global mode) to be your volume control of those timbres you decide (in midi/filter page) in every combi you want!

Thanks a bunch for all your help here. I think I need to read more about how each page works within combination mode / Karma to really understand things here. I've muddled through bits thus far and have ended with a bank of sounds that really work for me. Assigning controllers to things just blows my mind. I'm sure I'll get there and you've given me two methods to follow Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: