Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electribe 2 pad/ tie issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonikboom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: electribe 2 pad/ tie issue? Reply with quote

no matter what i do when im trying to get a long un ending drone there is always a re trig of the initial pad press i cant get rid of? ive tried step edit, tie but again that first hit always has a boing to it i can smooth some of it out with the release but in my mind i shouldnt have to. any tips or suggestions? i read in the manual that tie, shouldnt re trig?! so why is it or is it some other artifact.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into step edit and put everything to TIE
Steinberger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While recording hold the pad down and don't let up for at least the entire pattern. Hit the rec button to turn off record while still holding the pad down. That way it will be a seamless in the sequenced data.

You can do lots of tricky stuff by leveraging the record button.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip, that's a lot faster.
sonikboom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks stein that did the trick. my method before was the obvious one. hold pad down with it tied and release after its ran the bar. always left that trigger. the rec button trick worked a treat.
gotta say. its a fun machine, owning 3 previous iterations of electribes , i was let down by the terrible manual, and some aspects of the machine have taken a few steps backwards but all in all for 450 its a decent box to f*ck around on. its no octatrack but its not 1600 bux either!
much fun to be had.
atb1983

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure this is just a basic synthesis thing I'm doing wrong but I'm trying to get some good drones going and not having much luck.

For me the issue isn't the note trigger - it is that the note just dies out after a while. I'll hit play and get the initial attack, then it'll drone for a while, the sequence will run through the bar a few times but eventually it'll just fade out. How do you get it to stay at the initial attack volume or whatever?

Another kind of odd thing I've noticed (or maybe it isn't) is that if I initialize a pattern, hit record (so play is flashing, sequencer isn't running yet), play and hold my note for at least the duration of the sequence, then turn record off - if I go into step edit mode all my notes are already set to TIE without me doing it...
bladuck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that you're not running out of the 24 voice polyphony. I notice on long sounding chords or notes that they disappear in a middle of the bar. Then I go to the part priority setting and set it from normal to high priority. I don't do this on more than 2 tracks otherwise you'd run out of "priority" voices

Other than that, If I need a note/chord to play over all 4 bars I make sure that each step has TIE in the length (via the edit part mode). But be careful b/c for POLY1 and MONO1 the envelope will NOT re-trigger.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atb1983 wrote:

Another kind of odd thing I've noticed (or maybe it isn't) is that if I initialize a pattern, hit record (so play is flashing, sequencer isn't running yet), play and hold my note for at least the duration of the sequence, then turn record off - if I go into step edit mode all my notes are already set to TIE without me doing it...

That's how Ties work. The e2 will TIE all your notes as long as you hold down the note (except for the first one). I guess I wasn't clear in my response to the OP, but that was what I was trying to say - if you want a drone, hold down your note, then go into step edit and change the first note to a tie as well.
atb1983

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladuck wrote:
Are you sure that you're not running out of the 24 voice polyphony. I notice on long sounding chords or notes that they disappear in a middle of the bar. Then I go to the part priority setting and set it from normal to high priority. I don't do this on more than 2 tracks otherwise you'd run out of "priority" voices

Other than that, If I need a note/chord to play over all 4 bars I make sure that each step has TIE in the length (via the edit part mode). But be careful b/c for POLY1 and MONO1 the envelope will NOT re-trigger.

I'll try that but I feel like I'm doing something else wrong maybe. I guess I will double check to make sure the first note is TIE as well. It just seems like the note has a really long decay instead of a steady drone. Also, I am probably in Poly2 and this is only a 1 bar sequence, not 4.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atb1983 wrote:
bladuck wrote:

I'll try that but I feel like I'm doing something else wrong maybe. I guess I will double check to make sure the first note is TIE as well. It just seems like the note has a really long decay instead of a steady drone. Also, I am probably in Poly2 and this is only a 1 bar sequence, not 4.

Switch the AMP EG button off maybe? Then your notes should sound steady.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this.
Im sat in front of mine now.
Blank pattern.
hit record, hold down a single note, stop recording whilst still holding down the note.
Done. 1 drone recorded.
Even letting go of the note before stopping recording meant i just had to tie 1 note in step edit.
Make sure the Amp EG is off, or the note will just decay with nothing to retrigger it.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
atb1983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My amp eg is always on when I try this so that's probably what I'm doing wrong.

I'll try it later.

Hungover at the moment. :[
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: