Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a new synth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknokasper88

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: looking for a new synth Reply with quote

Hello. I'm new here. I don't know what forum that will be best to ask my questions. So you know it, I'm totaly blind, so i can't see a display. Now to my questions. I'm looking for a new synth. The gear i already have is, Roland sh-201, korg micro korg and a Roland fa-06. The synths i have looked at is access virus ti, nord lead a1 nord lead 4, Roland gaia, Roland juno-gi and korg king korg. I have tried the nord lead 4 in a music store, but have only listened to the first 50 sounds i think. Also the Roland gaia. The presets in the nord lead 4 wasn't so good, but i don't think i have listened to all presets. The sounds i want is sounds that can be used in hardstyle, hard trance, hands up and hard dance music. also bigroom sounds. Not electro house sounds. I need some good presets to start with or some soundsets for these music genres. Do you have some of these synths? if yes can you send a mp3 demo to me with the factory sounds and also with some soundsets you have created for the synths? I have listened on youtube, but can't find a demo for the nord lead 4 and a1 where all factory sounds are played. There are lots of demo's for the king korg, where they play the factory sounds. So my questions is. Can the gaia, juno-gi, king korg and the 2 nord leads do agressive hardstyle supersaw leads, basses, bells and pads? I know i can get lots of sounds for the virus ti, but how accessible it is to edit i don't know. Looking forward to here from you
Best regards
Kasper
kkorgian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland fa-06 is NOT FOR BLIND PEOPLE !

It has the most illogical menu system. It is not a grid, often you cannot get back to where you where by reversing steps. Think one way trap doors. Ive spent several hours trying to guide a blind person through the simplest things. Earlier synths had simple monochrome menu systems. The FA 06 has a complex colour screen densely packed with icons and virtual dials. The menu system has 500 plus pages !!!!

Somethings in this world just aren't for blind people, the FA 06 is one of them

Life tip, go get a good hand held text to speech device, one that can read LCD screens & distinguish colours. Then you can operate most synths quite deeply.

King korg has a lot of hand on controls and a fairly simple menu system, shouldn't be to hard to memorize and take notes. Recommended

Studio Logic sledge might also be an option. Very big panel with lots of hand room to feel your way around.
http://www.studiologic-music.com/sledge-2.html
AEJOTZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS2000 or Minibrute

I'd want major knobbage if I had to feel my way around.

retro-futurism now

hear my retro-futurist synth music at http://aejotz.bandcamp.com

listen to, join Satellite 5 by visiting sat-5.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: