Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa900 - on song play Intro 1 and variation 3 button active !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swapnanil Sinha

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Pa900 - on song play Intro 1 and variation 3 button active ! Reply with quote

Hi,
I am noticing something very odd for fewdays on my PA900. when I am on song play mode, Intro 1 and variation 3 button active and blinking. not sure why. is it a malfunction?

Anyone else facing it ?, how to fix it? I have done a factory reset once earlier.

http://1drv.ms/1JFHcNV
Ex: Yamaha PSR S900,
valio7771

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I understood your 'malfunction' correctly, but while either of the intros or endings are currently playing, only variation button blinks to let you know what variation is selected after the intro/ending bars runs out. If intro button blinks too, this means it is pressed twice or 'long-pressed' and the selected intro will be 'looped'- it will keep playing until you press either of the variations. Same think applies for the Endings and the Break button.

It's an option, not a issue. Reading some manual never hurts Wink

Cheers !
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be in "style play" to have those buttons active. If both are blinking you may have long pressed the intro button. Not a big deal since it is not active in song mode. Just press another variation button to stop it's blinking. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Swapnanil Sinha

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valio7771 wrote:
I don't know if I understood your 'malfunction' correctly, but while either of the intros or endings are currently playing, only variation button blinks to let you know what variation is selected after the intro/ending bars runs out. If intro button blinks too, this means it is pressed twice or 'long-pressed' and the selected intro will be 'looped'- it will keep playing until you press either of the variations. Same think applies for the Endings and the Break button.

It's an option, not a issue. Reading some manual never hurts Wink

Cheers !
nope i never even pressed the intro buttons or the variation button, I just went to song play mode directly after power on.
Swapnanil Sinha

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
You have to be in "style play" to have those buttons active. If both are blinking you may have long pressed the intro button. Not a big deal since it is not active in song mode. Just press another variation button to stop it's blinking. Cool
sorry sir but that doesnt make much of A difference since I was in song play mode.

I powered on the system. then went to song play straight. not touched style play.
I was just checking since I recently bought my pa900. was not sure if this is the correct behavior.

Thanks for the advices but I am still confused.
TedS

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a PA900 to verify this behavior. However I can think of two possibilities you might check:

1) What configuration is stored in Performance 1-1? This is what gets loaded into memory when the keyboard boots up. If that performance was saved with an intro and style on synchro start, that could explain why the lights are blinking.

2) Do you have the same problem with all songs, or only one? Is it possible that the MIDI song you're loading contains a sys ex string or MIDI command to select Intro 1 and/or Variation 3?

3) Have you tried a factory reset? Usually this involves holding down a certain key or buttons when the keyboard is booting. Sometimes you can perform a soft reset that does not involve reloading all of your data (although you might have to re-configure some of your global settings.)

Good luck, let us know what it took to solve the problem! -Ted
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Ted. Sounds like they were saved that way off the default performance. Makes sense.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: