Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI trouble with Mac and Akai EIE Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JollyJ

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: MIDI trouble with Mac and Akai EIE Pro Reply with quote

I am trying to get my Korg Triton Classic to send, receive and sync MIDI with my Mac, through an Akai EIE pro interface. The first thing I wanted to do was simply use the Triton to play the sounds in Garageband. I can record audio just fine, but when I create a new software instrument, there is no sound.

On the Mac, I believe I have everything configured properly. I have read several tutorials and can't find anything that seems to be wrong; the EIE shows up active in Audio and MIDI setup, it responds when tested, and Garageband registers a MIDI input. From what I have read, if the MIDI input devices are configured properly, in Garageband it should just work. (That's why I chose Garageband to try to get everything configured)

On the Triton, I followed the parameter guide as well as I could; under Global, I unchecked local control, selected MIDI channel 1, and I have tried both internal and external MIDI clock. I have also messed around in the Program, Combination and Sequencer modes, and I can't it to work under any permutation of the available options.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing? I would greatly appreciate any help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: