Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg iM1 for iPad now available!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Korg iM1 for iPad now available! Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/bFT9AkzRPQo

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes you beat me to it. This is great news

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it sounds freaking awesome! Synthmaster and now the M1 all in the same weekend, do not wake me I am loving this dream!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit this is great. Bought it and then added my own T3 factory sounds .syx to it (I owned a T3 previously) - worked like a charm and is nice to have some of those sounds back again.

Well worth getting.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded it. Haven't had much time with it yet but it's pretty awesome so far.

It's cool that it integrates with Gadget. It didn't show up at first and then realized you had to install the latest Gadget update for it to show up. After the update the Gadget is listed as Darwin. Korg did another nice job with this one.
Steinberger

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally an M1 with a display and interface that doesn't drive me crazy short of a DX7. Now the whole system in contained in the display. How about that Smile

There's a guy at work wanting a synth for his band. I'm thinking about recommending this with a keyboard controller, a iConnectivity Mio, and a Apple CCK. What do you think? I'd almost be tempted to make a fake synth workstation out of an empty cardboard box and a can of black spray paint.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the Card Packs are paid accessories. I think they should have been included. That said I'm still getting it!
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
I just downloaded it. Haven't had much time with it yet but it's pretty awesome so far.

It's cool that it integrates with Gadget. It didn't show up at first and then realized you had to install the latest Gadget update for it to show up. After the update the Gadget is listed as Darwin. Korg did another nice job with this one.

Is the Darwin some sort of cut down version of the iM1?
I read somewhere a guy complaining about fewer parameters...?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

Gadget can access iM1 programs via Darwin but not combi's. There is very little additional tweaking that can be done from within Gadget/Darwin itself. I'm fine with this since gadgets tend to be fairly simple things and editing iM1 programs outside of Gadget is fine. It would have been nice if combi's were supported.

Darwins controls for tweaking are ... OSC Balance, Cutoff, Resonance, EG Int, Attack Time, Decay Time, Release Time, FX1 Dry/Wet, FX2 Dry/Wet, Output.

It also looks like only the first 8 cards are available from Darwin. The cards named User1 to User4 do not show up. Maybe that's intentional.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
Hugo wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

Gadget can access iM1 programs via Darwin but not combi's. There is very little additional tweaking that can be done from within Gadget/Darwin itself. I'm fine with this since gadgets tend to be fairly simple things and editing iM1 programs outside of Gadget is fine. It would have been nice if combi's were supported.

Darwins controls for tweaking are ... OSC Balance, Cutoff, Resonance, EG Int, Attack Time, Decay Time, Release Time, FX1 Dry/Wet, FX2 Dry/Wet, Output.

It also looks like only the first 8 cards are available from Darwin. The cards named User1 to User4 do not show up. Maybe that's intentional.

Ok, thanks for the info. I will probably pick up the iM1, but will have to get a new iPad first. I'm still on generation 2, and I imagine running Darwin within Gadget will require more power.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all of the cards available from Darwin except for the user packs. There is an update available that may or may not help you get all of the packs also.
timclement

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to get the 4 user cards to show up in Darwin ?

I just installed today so I have the latest version.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed updates for both iM1 and Gadget and the user cards still don't show up in Darwin for me. The updates were supposed to fix this but no luck here.
timclement

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also submitted my question to the Korg iOS forum and received an answer from a Korg moderator
https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/questions

I was told to use the Library cards. This is an ok workaround for my use case.

I assume from the answer to this question (at least twice) on the korguser.net , they aren't making the user cards available.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the M1 pack and those do show up in Gadget so that's good. It's odd that the User cards are not supported there but I can live with using the Library cards. But I'm still curious about that restriction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: