Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modulate Delay From Pedal.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarManSam666

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Modulate Delay From Pedal. Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm trying to find if there's a way to do this on the MS-20 Mini... I'm wondering if when I have a delay pedal plugged in(this doesn't really matter, but it's set to infinite delays), is there a way to run back the sound from the pedal(the repeats) to the MS-20 so that I can modulate the repeats... I hope this makes sense, but if not just ask me to try to explain. Thanks guys!

~Sam
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is not exactly clear what the complete signal path is. What is the input of your delay pedal? Your guitar or the MS20 itself?

Modulating an external signal (from the pedal in your case) is limited on the MS20.
1. The external signal processor, but that is only a bandpass filter that you modulate by hand by turning knobs Very Happy
2. The external input signal for the filter - the filters are modulated by EV2 or patched control signal -> disadvantage, you need keyboard triggers in order hear something.
3. MVCA, by default modulated by EV1 (requires keyboard triggers as well) or patch the modulation generator into the control input.

Bye
GuitarManSam666

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm wanting to play on the synth, have it repeat from the delay pedal, and then feed that back into the synth to use all the knobs while the sound is still playing. Thanks!

~Sam
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one crazy feedback loop you have going on here.
MS20 Output jack to a pedal.
Pedal to the esp on the MS20

Repeat to fade.

How do you send your signal to an amp?

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I agree with Frenzies.
If you use the MS20 as input of your pedal and you want to route the delay back in to the MS20, recipe for a lot of feedback and high signal levels... Handle with care I would say.

The ESP and MVCA are options that can safely be considered if you route the outputs of this straight to a mixer which mixes the dry signal of the MS20, with the output/modulated repeating delay.

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: