Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what to add to volca set up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orionb

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: what to add to volca set up Reply with quote

hi guys,

im new to the world of music making, and after spending months reading, watching, and lusting over volcas i got all 3, and the sample shortly after. ive also gotten the monotron duo and delay. for a mixer i ended up with Alto ZMX122FX so it has some built in FX and Send/return connectivity.

also i have an Alesis photonX25 just through MIDI to my Keys, and korg K25 just through MIDI to my Bass. (i found PC + controllers to be too cumbersome).

i want to know some suggestions for things to add to my setup- so far, i want to get a basic sturdy mic, and something for vocoder effects - kaoss pad 3? mini kaoss pad 2 has built in mic and effects, and also records. i need a recorder too and the zoom recorders seemed nice, but miniKP2 could do? as you can tell im kind of leaning towards a stable of korg products. theres various effects pedals out there, and also powerbook + garageband, etc..

i think a looper/sampler wouuld be really great, which again makes me look at the KP3....

in reality i need to get better at mastering the features of the volcas, but this is a long love affair and i want to get wild too.
chris-korg

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need 4 (four) Volcas Smile
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Audio loops on KP3 sample pads can be sloppy sync when combining with other gear.I have two and love them but this is something to bear in mind-it may or may not effect your work flow.If I need stable clock I sample a sync(click)signal into the KP3 looper then play that back at the (KPs) tempo for rock solid sync of KPs loops with other sequencers.I have two so its easier.(you can also use another audio playback device to play this sync signal into Volcas-as long as originally recorded off a akP3 loop).Its still a pain that they don't work so well like this because other wise they would be the most ultimate writing tool for a hardware studio.They still rock.
Have a look at the OP-1 and see if you can afford a 2nd hand one.I just payed £450 for one.
Monotribe rocks and TB-3 compliments Volca too.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not all vocoders are equal.KP3s is ok but limited.A dedicated VA synth will be better.Consider that new roland synth -JD-Xi or MicroKorg XL or MiniNova.- Or if its just a good vocoder you want have a look at Roland's VT-3.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do go for software DAW ,then i will recommend Ableton.Dont waist time with garage band..unless price and (non)complexity are your deciding factors ,in which case consider Audacity also,for basic recording.
orionb

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the info

chris, i bought the volca sample shortly after i had gotten the others Very Happy

im not really looking to get into computer composition etc.... so avoiding. software as much as possible

one thing i have on my mind is that i dont have a synth that can produce strings/pads... there's not much in the way of sine waves on most of the small synths ive looked at... is that just normal for the field?
it woukd be nice to be able to make some clean sounding sine generated tones that i could sweep out in really long spans and stuff
Mk2 NL

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i dont have a synth that can produce strings/pads

Have you looked into the Waldorf Streichfett?
chris-korg

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - Waldorf Streichfett is great (I have it, too) !!
orionb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that seems pretty nice, and maybeit is in my future...

i think i found something more along the lines of crazy things i want, that being the jomox t-resonator ... wow what a beast.... i must have one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: