Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iM1 and Oasys midi issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcmorley

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: iM1 and Oasys midi issues Reply with quote

I have posted this on the iPad section as well in case anybody can help.

I have just purchased iM1 on the iPad. I have also purchased the Apple camera connector and a MIDI - USB converter to connect my Oasys to my iPad to use it as a MIDI keyboard.

The problem I have is that when I am using the pedal for sustain and it is generating sounds. In fact anything that I use such as pads, xy joystick etc all generates sounds on the iM1.

I have tried all the settings in the global menus on the Oasys but I cannot get it to stop generating the sounds.

In addition to this, the keyboard position does not seem correct. I play middle C on the Oasys and it sounds like C a couple of octave lower. So when I play the highest C it sounds more like middle C.

Any help would be appreciated as I am getting to the end of my tether with this now. Sad

Thanks

Leon.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
lcmorley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

If I connect the same midi/usb interface to my Virus TI, it works beautifully, so I really don't know what is going on.

I have spoken to Korg technical support who have suggested that it is my MIDI/USB converter that is causing the problem, however if that were the case, surely it would have the same impact on the Virus.

Can somebody please suggest something. This used to be a really good forum for things like this but nobody seems to be answering questions lately.

Thanks Confused Confused Confused

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
Rumocool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Ipad on Korg Oasys. Reply with quote

Hello,

did you try to reverse the midi connections of the usb midicable in and out with ipad.

On ipad my midi in usb cable must go to midi out on Oasys and midi out usb cable to midi in in Oasys.

With my windows tablet must midi in usb cable go to midi in on Oasys and midi out usb cable to midi out on Oasys.

The audio i can't fix on my ipad, when i plug a audio cable on the headphone jack of the ipad, my midi connection fail!

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: