Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you feeding your sampler?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschroeter

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: What are you feeding your sampler? Reply with quote

I'm thrilled with my e2s and am putting it on a diet of factory-free, uncaged, organic samples.

Thanks to disconnector, you can easily blank your sampler and begin from scratch.

Here are some resources for raw waveforms I'm finding handy:

http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/
http://subaqueousmusic.com/wavetable/
http://eu.elektron.se/accessories/immortal-waves/
http://eu.elektron.se/accessories/oxford-overdrive/
http://www.sampleninjas.com/

Please post your sources of inspiration!
jurfin

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new here, and also new to sampling - but I just got my sampler two days ago, and so far I have been plugging my Novation BS 2 into the input for sampling, as well as a nifty Marantz cassette recorder/player. I think I need to go to some thrift stores tomorrow and find some more cassettes...
disconnector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the single cycle waveforms. The ES2 seems to handle them well (you just have to set the loop points in them, and save it).
michi_mak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disconnector wrote:
+1 on the single cycle waveforms. The ES2 seems to handle them well (you just have to set the loop points in them, and save it).

would you mind elaborating on this? i'm interested in getting an ES2 and using own single cycle waveforms. is it easy to get them up and running? what do you mean by "set the loop points"? to my understanding with a single cycle waveform there is no need for a loop/sustain region.
thanks in advance!
disconnector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michi_mak wrote:
would you mind elaborating on this? i'm interested in getting an ES2 and using own single cycle waveforms. is it easy to get them up and running? what do you mean by "set the loop points"? to my understanding with a single cycle waveform there is no need for a loop/sustain region.
thanks in advance!

The loop section start=0, end=end of sample length. The ES2 defaults to not looping samples. So for each single cycle WAV you bring in, you have to set the start point (which is 0).

The reason for this: drum sounds, generally speaking, shouldn't loop. So the start defaults to the end of the sample. Once you set this (it's rather easy), the sample will loop when held.
michi_mak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disconnector wrote:
michi_mak wrote:
thanks in advance!

The loop section start=0, end=end of sample length. The ES2 defaults to not looping samples. So for each single cycle WAV you bring in, you have to set the start point (which is 0).

The reason for this: drum sounds, generally speaking, shouldn't loop. So the start defaults to the end of the sample. Once you set this (it's rather easy), the sample will loop when held.

thanks! especially for the cool explanation!!!
PureSecksPirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Thanks to disconnector, you can easily blank your sampler and begin from scratch. "

Where is this all blank file? Id love to get a hold of it!
dschroeter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=97993
Neon Horn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I've cleared out my ES2 stocked samples and started from scratch as well. I've added in the Goldbaby MPC Vol 1 (for some classic roland xox sounds + MPC grit). I've also added in some single cycle waves that came with the Renoise library.

Another thing I've done was take some synth sounds at the key of vitamin C and made the loops multiples of 674, this way it always is the key of C (Tutorial by Sauce).

I've also used the ES2s effects to process my TB-3... they make a great pair, especially the IFX 2 ring mod delays.

Cheers,
Mike
mijaba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my personal favorites is old 50's and 60's horror and scifi trailers. They have the BEST sound bites.
Various movies and BBC newsreels also have some really good material for soundmining.
Documentaries and interviews too--- the ones without a running soundtrack that was introduced for dramatic effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: