Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Beats Midi Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todtechno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Volca Beats Midi Issue Reply with quote

I have a volca beats slaved to a boss rc-505 loopstation that I use to control midi tempo. Unfortunately, I am having an issue where some of the buttons from the loopstation (start/stop, channel 1 play/pause, etc.) are causing the beats to start and stop as well. Any suggestions for preventing this from happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
chris-korg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing your looper: have a look at its global (Midi) settings, maybe you can tweak something there.

You could use a "Midi-Filter" between your looper and your Volca - this Midi-filter needs to be programmed to filter out "Start/Stop" but let the Midi-clock through.

Another option: convert your Midi-clock into a Sync-clock and use the Sync-In of you VBeats instead of Midi-In. (or has your looper a Sync-Out anyway?)
Steinberger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since with MIDI clock you're going to get the start/stop messages transmitted by default and you want to control that action independently on each device so you're going to need a 3rd clock source as a master to kick off the initial play then stop/start from each slave unit as needed. You can do this on the cheap with something like a SQ-1 (no tempo value indicator though) or go for a SBX-1 from Roland which may be over the top. Some keyboard controllers like the taktile have built in clocks too. There may be some other standalone unit out there I'm not aware of.
todtechno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the advice Laughing I ended up tinkering with the settings a little further and believe I have resolved the issue that way.

I was unfamiliar with Midi Routers though and will probably get one at some point just to play around with.

That SBX-1 is really cool but definitely more than I need and won't help me keep my setup portable-thanks for the suggestion though so now I know what else is out there for future reference.
goodwinmcd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@todtechno:

Hey man, I know it's been awhile but can you share how you fixed this? I'm having the same issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: