Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The marketing, not the design
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasstof

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sl23- You obviously have a very strong opinion, that's fine but this is hardly the place for calling people names and threatening violence, you make yourself sound like a petulant child, I know that Ted3000 has a sarcastic streak (I can't criticize Anyone for that), but really, can't we all just play nicely?
And Now a Volca Sample...
captain johnson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread man!

sl23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apapdop wrote:
sl23 wrote:
...in defence of a company that does nothing but f*ck it's customers up the arse then expects your gratitude?...!

Yes, I know you like aspects of The Grey Electribe, such as the way it sounds. And I know that you are unhappy with the sequencing side of things. So i know you have first hand experience of it. I'm just wondering how you get from being not 100% satisfied with something to saying things like the above.

That's because you make the assumption I've only just decided to dislike korg. I love the electribe brand, it was fantastic, yet I've always held that opinion from the start pretty much.

The originals were hailed as unlimited sounds by various sources, after buying the ea1 and er1 I was at once amazed and gutted at how great there machines were but how limited they have been made. At the time, hardware was more limited anyway, so I didn't think much about it.

Then they released emx and esx and thought the same. But this time there was little reason for certain limitations. Now, there are no excuses for limitation as its mostly software driven. The remember is not as user friendly and the fact it's more menu driven makes it even worse. What's the next one gonna be like? Barely any surface control, more menus, all because they're too lazy to research and design what people actually want.

BTW, I'm sure Ted the big man he is would talk to people in the street the way he does on here would he? He get his head kicked in, well I can dream. It amazes me how vile the human race has become when I come across people lie that.

And as for my outbursts, well if someone pissed you off I'm sure you'd just let them carry on would you? No way!
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:

BTW, I'm sure Ted the big man he is would talk to people in the street the way he does on here would he? He get his head kicked in, well I can dream. It amazes me how vile the human race has become when I come across people lie that.

And as for my outbursts, well if someone pissed you off I'm sure you'd just let them carry on would you? No way!

Usually when I walk down the street, it's a gauntlet of big tough musclemen talking s**t about my favorite gear. Life is a desperate struggle for alpha dominance where the weak are tricked into buying inferior grooveboxes, and the strong register at the Elektron forums.

I don't know who hurt you. It doesn't matter anymore.

If you have a Soundcloud account I'll follow you.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. Aside from the complete clownshow this thread has devolved into..

What I keep seeing is that Electribe veterans are completely disappointed with the new units' downgraded feature set, while new-to-the-Electribe-game users are stoked to find so much packed into an inexpensive, user-friendly box. Basically, as a seasoned, decade+ long Electribe fanboy I stand behind my criticism. All of this could have been avoided if Korg just started a brand-new product line instead of naming these non-Electribe units something else beside "Electribes". Obviously, they invited the comparison by naming them such, which was also an attempt to cash in on an existing user-group. But it was a complete fail because what they did was dumb-down the machine in many ways and disregard the features that made the Electribes famous.

They should have called them something else like.. Unit X or whatever. Then new users and long-time Electribe users alike would be all "DUDE! The new Unit X is amazing because of such and such and such.." Many Electribe users might be like "These units are very Electribe-like in this and this and this..". All parties involved would be gushing praise instead of making comparisons between two lines of products that are, in essence, totally unrelated.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a longtime Electribe guy, and I dig my e2. My first rig was an MC-303 and an SP-202 and a Tascam digital 8-track, bought new when they came out. I bought an ER-1 in 2000, and 2 EMXs at various points in the 2000's.

Most of my issues with the e2 are sonic - effects voicing and anti-alising, plus a few tricks. I get along great with the sequencing side now that I'm used to it.

I wouldn't trade my e2 for a mint pair of EMX/ESX and a KP3. I just can't go back to the hissy noise floor and the garbage reverb.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
I just can't go back to the hissy noise floor and the garbage reverb.

I use outs 3/4 to send individual instrument parts to a high-end effects processor, which is no longer an option, so the effects on my ESX are potentially *vastly* superior to the new units. Just one of the downgrades that I think are justifiably noted.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it sounds great!

I could also go into some tasty outboard effects. I could even make 2 paths by hard left and right pans.

But the point is, I don't have to. With all the inserts and the bypassable master, along with way more effects means the e2 is an improvement.

Except for the short delay. The EMX short delay is way better. I miss it.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
..way more effects means the e2 is an improvement.

You might be right, except I've already had my fill of the turd-sandwich that is the X/Y pad. I have only my opinion of course, but I think the lack of proper effects controls are another reason the new, fantastic units are unrelated to the Electribes. New paradigms call for a new product line.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sauce, I don't know if you have noticed, but having a critical opinion on the E2's is not accepted here. Fanboys will come to the rescue and reply to your arguments with personal attacks or start yelling lalalalala I can't hear you.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
sauce, I don't know if you have noticed, but having a critical opinion on the E2's is not accepted here. Fanboys will come to the rescue and reply to your arguments with personal attacks or start yelling lalalalala I can't hear you.

The burden is on you, not us.

Why is it relevant to us if you didn't like the e2? Why do we need to constantly be updated about your disappointment? (Yes, you still think it was terrible, and you think people who like it are fanboys.)

We've already acknowledged your opinion.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:

Why is it relevant to us if you didn't like the e2? Why do we need to constantly be updated about your disappointment? (Yes, you still think it was terrible, and you think people who like it are fanboys.)

Why is it relevant to us if you do like the e2? Why do we need to constantly be updated about your enjoyment? Eh, fanboy?
colulizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers, sisters
One day we will be free
From fighting, violence
People crying in the Forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V09x2y9MHbA

Let's not fight anymore people... let's hug it out, old school style. Hopefully the link about will inject some love into the place.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate what you're saying, but that just ain't gonna happen as long as that cock is on the forum. He's here for one reason ~ to cause s**t! Cos he's a pussy! A big angry pussy! Don't mess with the big cat... (Meow)
captain johnson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
I appreciate what you're saying, but that just ain't gonna happen as long as that cock is on the forum. He's here for one reason ~ to cause s**t! Cos he's a pussy! A big angry pussy! Don't mess with the big cat... (Meow)

Just chill man. he got to you and now looks like he won as you keep biting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: