Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The marketing, not the design
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladuck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys c'mon this is an entertainment and a do enjoy this thread.
All forums needs to be spiced up from time to time... Look at the number of views it gets. and people who looked at this thread and don't want to read it they don't have to open its he second time...
Also the anger (moderated) brings new dimensions to the conversation, and all sides of the "argument" came with good insights. My two cents I learned is that the electribe world is split to old tribes users and the new e2 users. So I could suggest a new name for thread "X vs 2 entertainment weekly". T3k might not agree b/c him as me we Own the EMX or ESX and got E2 and just got used to a different workflow.
And sl23 I hear you too, I get to similar emo states when people get on my nerves. But bringing countries into equation brings memories of some mainstream YouTube controversial videos and related comments that gets unbereable after time. Thanks god that people here are much smarter and don't continue with country bashing crap here.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, not any more. I'm having a s**t time at moment, don't usually let Muppet's like that get to me but, ya know, it happens! I normally see it coming but being new here it was unexpected to get s**t after my first post.

I have to apologise for my abhorrent behaviour, believe me I'm not normally that short tempered. He won't get to me again, I can assure you.

I'm not biting just having an opinion, granted that others won't be able to tell the difference of intention, but that's how it is Laughing
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok respect sl23 for sayin that.You did walk into a hot topic with E2.
If your havin ruff time in the material world -have faith it won't last.
Welcome to the forum.Lets look forward to Sharing music insights.
(Yes you are intitled to your opinion too).
JohnnyPunkadelik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The marketing, not the design Reply with quote

sauce wrote:
Basically, they should never have called these units "Electribes"

amen.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
Ok respect sl23 for sayin that.You did walk into a hot topic with E2.
If your havin ruff time in the material world -have faith it won't last.
Welcome to the forum.Lets look forward to Sharing music insights.
(Yes you are intitled to your opinion too).

Cheers spheric Very Happy
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolly Ted, I have never stated anywhere that I hated the machine, or anything like that.

I have returned mine not only because it was bricked but also because I was unhappy with the bugs and glitches and wasn't ready to take a $500 gamble hoping Korg will sort it out. And guess what, 5 months later, there is still no fix for my gripes and I am happy I got rid of it.

I like the box, it has a lot of potential and as I have said before I will buy it back in a heartbeat once they sort the issues out.

You read and reply very selectively. And when you do you always attack the person and not their arguments. Very weak indeed.

I give you a 3/10 for trolling. Just for the effort. Also we all know that you Teddy-boy, only need one controllable parameter per effect, more control would only confuse your feeble little mind.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
per effect, more control would only confuse your feeble little mind.

This is true.
sl23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
Trolly Ted, I have never stated anywhere that I hated the machine, or anything like that.

I have returned mine not only because it was bricked but also because I was unhappy with the bugs and glitches and wasn't ready to take a $500 gamble hoping Korg will sort it out. And guess what, 5 months later, there is still no fix for my gripes and I am happy I got rid of it.

I like the box, it has a lot of potential and as I have said before I will buy it back in a heartbeat once they sort the issues out.

You read and reply very selectively. And when you do you always attack the person and not their arguments. Very weak indeed.

I give you a 3/10 for trolling. Just for the effort. Also we all know that you Teddy-boy, only need one controllable parameter per effect, more control would only confuse your feeble little mind.

This, I like Laughing Laughing Laughing
22tape

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
dutchcow wrote:

This, I like Laughing Laughing Laughing

+3000
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+3001
dutchcow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Ted. He can't handle the sampler without ruining the sync. Should've read the manual bud.
Zabong69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apapdop wrote:
I'm more than prepared to admit that i've missed something, but did Korg actually say, at some point, "hey, this new Electribe is soooo much better than the old ones!!"?

No, they are much meaner. They sold two completely different kind of units under the same name to two customer groups.

Customer group A got a fairly competent, mobile groovebox at a low price point. While these customers clearly see that the machine has some quirks, they like some new features not found on the old electribes, enjoy that 24-voice, 16-times multitimbral sound module with surprisingly flexible synth capabilities just about right for their uses. Also, they got 3 firmware updates since release that each even improved the machine.

Customer group B was sold something completely different - a cheap pseudo-knockoff of their beloved EMX. Here, Korg left out the most essential features of the old electribes, while at the same time giving them buggy units that required 3 firmware updates just to get to the point where they are just annoyed and not blind by rage. Now, they may admit that the new electribes are not a complete failure feature-wise, but they are stuck with an uninspiring piece of garbage that does not suit their musical needs at all.

It is unclear, why Korg choose this strategy. For units of type B, they specifically targeted customers with very, very high expectations and a low frustration tolerance level. Probably a scientific experiment if you ask me.

Btw., to the untrained eye, these two versions of the new Electribe actually look the same.

Z
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be post of the year. Smile
troxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabong69 wrote:
apapdop wrote:
I'm more than prepared to admit that i've missed something, but did Korg actually say, at some point, "hey, this new Electribe is soooo much better than the old ones!!"?

No, they are much meaner. They sold two completely different kind of units under the same name to two customer groups.

Customer group A got a fairly competent, mobile groovebox at a low price point. While these customers clearly see that the machine has some quirks, they like some new features not found on the old electribes, enjoy that 24-voice, 16-times multitimbral sound module with surprisingly flexible synth capabilities just about right for their uses. Also, they got 3 firmware updates since release that each even improved the machine.

Customer group B was sold something completely different - a cheap pseudo-knockoff of their beloved EMX. Here, Korg left out the most essential features of the old electribes, while at the same time giving them buggy units that required 3 firmware updates just to get to the point where they are just annoyed and not blind by rage. Now, they may admit that the new electribes are not a complete failure feature-wise, but they are stuck with an uninspiring piece of garbage that does not suit their musical needs at all.

It is unclear, why Korg choose this strategy. For units of type B, they specifically targeted customers with very, very high expectations and a low frustration tolerance level. Probably a scientific experiment if you ask me.

Btw., to the untrained eye, these two versions of the new Electribe actually look the same.

Z

Laughing Love this post...
Kuwaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabong69 wrote:
apapdop wrote:

Z

Preach man. I can never understand the mindsets at play. If you can do everything you want with the old one, use the old one. If you like the new one, use the new one. If you like some things from each, use both! No ones making you do one or the other.

There are plenty of customers that are happy with the new product, which means it has fulfilled its purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: