Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Key replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dickinsonc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Key replacement Reply with quote

Well... I finally broke a key trying to play the Triton like my Hammond...
All the sites said it was a pain & time consuming... Not so.. (OK, maybe the first time).... So FYI.....
I did take some pics & saved them as a .pdf file, but I guess I can't post them here.... but.. if you attempt this, lots of screws (mainly holding the bottom pan on (thats what screwguns are for) 8 or 10 wire harness to unplug and one board to remove to get to the keybed. The board stays on a "pan" and removes with 4 screws internal, and 6 or 8 on the back (note the 2 longer screws go in the card holder). Another couple of plugs and 6 or 8 screws, the keybed is out. Note one VERY important "watch it".. When you snap the new key in, put a piece of paper or plastic to hold the contact up or you will probably bend the tab (little piece of steel with a band of white plastic) when you snap in the key. (Nobody mentioned THAT in the fix-it posts). And, of course, watch the switch contact to make sure it makes and breaks like the others Oh... and account for all the cables before screwing the board back in..... one likes to "hide" under the board (doh).......
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Key replacement Reply with quote

dickinsonc wrote:

. Note one VERY important "watch it".. When you snap the new key in, put a piece of paper or plastic to hold the contact up or you will probably bend the tab (little piece of steel with a band of white plastic) when you snap in the key. (Nobody mentioned THAT in the fix-it posts)...

Just s side note about this kind of fix and maintenance for anybody attempting it: Regarding the key contacts board, the fact that nobody mention on fix-it posts or sites that those contacts bend when you take off or put on keys is because that board is ment to be taken off and put aside when ever you are making any repair that us remotely related with the keybed. Leaving it on when you work on the keybed is a sloppy and amateurish procedure that will lead you to damage the key contacts.

The very (and I mean very...) first thing I do when I work on my keyboards with this type of keybed, doing any kind of work on he keybed itself, is to immediately disconnect the two connectors from the key contacts board to the motherboard, take all the screws that hold the contact board in place (yes there are a lot of them...) and put the contacts board safely asside laying on it's back side.
If you want to safely maintain and do repairs on your keyboards, please do not take shortcuts on anything, believe me, the long and tedious route pays off on the ling run, and you'll have your babies trouble free for years to come Smile
Just a little piece if advice from someone who has loads of experience on this
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
jfenton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Keys pop out of place Reply with quote

The problem I have with my TEX61, is when I move the unit around no matter how careful I am, some keys pop out of place. I then have to take it apart to put them back in place without damaging the key contacts. Has any one else experienced this? Is there supposed to be some sort of retainer to keep the keys from popping out of place? I suspect when I had a key repaired several years ago, maybe the tech did not put in a necessary key retainer bracket or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: